Forums

Help › Forums

slow play

Wed, May 20 2020 4:40 AM (59 replies)
  • CFitzgerald1292
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 12:25 PM

in my last a/s game a player took 50 seconds to hit a stralght 4 foot putt then quit when i called him/her on it.  i try to play only 30 or 45 second shot timer games but sometimes they are hard to find.  with all the spinning wheels and disconnects prompt play and reasonable putt concessions are a must

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 9:37 PM

If you want to play "speed golf," WGT may not be the game for you. If a player makes his shot within the time limit, I'm fine with it. Calling out a player for doing that is poor form, I say.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:39 AM

+1 

Slow play may be a means to annoy the opponents, but the more annoying slow-down is to disconnect and return "just in time".

There are many legit reasons to take so long, from a jittery meter over need for coffee to a call at the door (to be continued).

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:28 PM

+2

If I set up the match, it's with a 90-second clock every time.  I want to give my opponent EVERY opportunity to give me his/her best game.  In the spirit of competion to determine the better, why would I want anything else but your best?

So, to all you cowards out there that are afraid of MY best...scared of being chewed-up, SwisherGed  'round in my mouth and then spat out, keep that clock under 60 seconds and you'll be safe from me.  

just sayin'

d. :)           

• glpark
    269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:07 PM

+3

90 seconds is my preference too.

• CFitzgerald1292
    20 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:58 PM

last words on this.  it should never take 1minute  and absolutely not a minute and one half to hit any shot.   people are either overthinking it or spending to much time and attention to the overused and annoying chat box.

• TeeTimeSmitty
    1,972 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 8:23 PM

I once had to pee during a round. 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 10:56 PM

Bet that was a pressure packed game......

sometimes you get in those situations, sometimes you dont

Depends

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 12:14 AM

I didn't realise slow play was a tactic until I copped a face full of abuse from an opponent who accused my of everything short of the JFK assassination. My issue is that, frankly, my internet sucks and given I play on my iPad occasionally I get spectacular app crashes and have to restart.

Sometimes slow play is not a tactic, it's just people dealing with technology or real-world interruptions (like when the Boss says "take the garbage out" and means it).

I have no idea how to cheat or use any tactics other than try to hit the ball in the hole. I assume others are playing the same way.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 4:43 AM

You are lucky your opponent withdrew. Just think of your misery had this person continued onward and stretched the clock to the max on every turn. And to add insult, never conceded even the shortest putt. 

RSS