Forums

Help › Forums

A) Shot Shaping (???) || B) What about the product, WGT?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 6 2021 12:11 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BR05URF
    26 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 2:53 AM

I understand this would be the most sophisticated branch of your development. Instead of calculating speed, momentum, inertia, and gravity on a linear projectile, you add centripetal force to the equation and everything changes.

To my point: Shot shaping is what separates golf from glorified darts with a wind factor. I see no reason why this feature can't be in production in the near future.

For those that aren't aware, shot shaping is when you strike the ball on either of it's sides (while sometime adjusting stance to hit the ball at more of a "slicing" angle). 

Why use it? Well....golf wouldn't be golf if it wasn't for it.

Being able to slice your ball at an advantageous arc/angle is the ultimate skill shot - it can get you down the dog leg on a line toward the pin or on the trickiest part of the fairway where the approach angle is best.

**There is no way to do this getting lucky bumps or wind direction happening to be in favor of a given hole**

As a multi-year player of WGT who has invested hundreds into this game, I think it's a fair expectation for me and the rest like me. There has been much development on the "intangibles" - like skill boosts from apparel, and others. But...

Let's be clear: those are money grabs.

And there's NOTHING wrong with that. You deserve a handsome return on this game you've made that has lasted in popularity as long as it has.  But don't forget to invest some of that back into the product.

***Any response from WGT staff/mods would be great. I would like to get the full story (if there is anything to add)***

-----------------------------------

p.s.

As a business person - I'm compelled to make a reminder in situations like this: you are by far the best in your arena. But if you continue to focus solely on development from a profit-center standpoint - another platform will inevitably take advantage of that.

You have been in your own area for a while. That will not stay the same forever.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 7:18 AM

Boy, I bet all of that sounded so much better in your head. 

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 8:38 AM

BR05URF:

For those that aren't aware, shot shaping is when you strike the ball on either of it's sides (while sometime adjusting stance to hit the ball at more of a "slicing" angle). 

Good day

May be I don't understand at all, but... thats is not what happen with "Unding" shoots?

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 9:17 AM

BR05URF:
    As a multi-year player of WGT who has invested hundreds into this game

Actually you have a 3 year old account . You`re a L74 Master tier so you really arent and dont play that much . Also if you played more then you would know that to shape your shot , its timed by missing the ding either early or late . Also you can shape your shot by using the wind as well .

BR05URF:
    *Any response from WGT staff/mods would be great. I would like to get the full story (if there is anything to add

So would many others . But unfortunately they wont waste their time responding to people who think that they are too important .At the bottom of the page you will see some listings to contact them . Click on the one that says "Jobs" .

A smart business person like yourself should be applying for a position . Its obvious that you feel that you can run the company better than current management .So instead of jaw jacking about something you really have no experience in , go prove your great ideas will work .

Since WGT has been operating and in business longer than you have been playing . Do you really think they need your help ? If you would have used the search >>>>>> then you would have found other threads on this subject . So you arent the first to have this bright idea . Oh snap , looks like its back to the drawing board for you . :-(

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 1:55 PM
    I shot shape on a regular basis... It's called missing the ding!!
  • LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 2:23 PM

tiger319:
    I shot shape on a regular basis... It's called missing the ding!!

Similar as the draw or fade physics, not exist in this game, yes... you can ''simulate'' this by making an early or past hit of the ding, but takin in count the ding & the meter itself only act as power & presicion, si if you not hit the ding that means two things...less power due not a presice swing, deviation & short distance than ''perfect'' could be

So...draw & fade are fake, as lot of the physics in this game

+1 to the OP, difficult see that kind of feature in this game, they dont want a ''simulator'' of Golf, i can play that kind of shot in a game from the year 2003 (Links), & others physic such a fade & draw...change position in the tee before drive & a long etc, if they has not added that yet...after 10 years of ''development''..dont know..smell bad for our hope :)

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 3:12 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

+1 to the OP, difficult see that kind of feature in this game, they dont want a ''simulator'' of Golf, i can play that kind of shot in a game from the year 2003 (Links), & others physic such a fade & draw...change position in the tee before drive & a long etc, if they has not added that yet...after 10 years of ''development''..dont know..smell bad for our hope :)

Well, you always can buy a 2003 game for USD$70 and got that shot.

May be some guys play it yet...

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 3:53 PM

lonniescott711:
    .At the bottom of the page you will see some listings to contact them . Click on the one that says "Jobs" .

LMAO

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:00 PM
    Wgt said a few years back that draw & fade has already been developed for the game but they never turned it on. It would be as simple as moving the spin dot all over the ball instead of just top and bottom.
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 12:31 AM

Would it make the game more realistic to be able to let the ballflight be more curvy with draw and fade? Yes, I think so. But what happened last time when WGT gave us an option to play the game in a more similar way to real golf? That was with the uneven lies. Did every player shout: "yeah, that is so realistic, I love it, thank you so much!"? Nope, most said: "Oh no, that is too hard, I cant play that way." So now we have only one 9 hole uel Wgt weekly tournament, all others are even lies. Me I like uel and some more do too. But most want to play the game like it ever was. That´s the reality. So if some want the game be more like real golf then start with playing uneven lies. Maybe we will get some other new options like shot shaping later then.

• PAGES
RSS