Forums

Help › Forums

3rd person cannot connect.

Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:59 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • FillNickles
    13 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 6:28 PM

I've got 2 buddies I play with regularly, and we've never had trouble playing until last night. Any 2 of us could join and connect to the game just fine together. But when we started a game with 3 people, the game loads fine for 2, and the 3rd person is stuck loading infinitely. At the pre-tee off screen, 1 person was always invisible to one of the other 2. Any combination of 2 people would work, but as soon as that 3rd person is thrown in the mix, we cannot play together. All 3 of us have fairly high computer skills, have cleared caches, up to date Flash, and tried every other suggestion I could find on the forums. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 6:46 PM

Never try and load a game when all of the players cannot see each other on the invite screen.

Always ask if everyone can see everyone else. If they cannot........reinvite.

This is a common 'Glitch'       

I mean feature (LOL)

• FillNickles
    13 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 6:52 PM

We tried that too after a few futile attempts. Resulting in the same, Player1 and player2 saw player3 loading constantly, and player1 and player3 saw player2 constantly loading, or something like that. But everyone could chat like normal. Idunno. any other ideas?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 7:38 PM

I mean in the original screen, where you  invite people to play.

In that chat screen check if everyone can see everyone else.

• FillNickles
    13 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 8:33 PM

We've tried that a millions times, everyone can see each other on invite screen. We have tried everything. Me and my 2 friends cannot connect with each other. We have 1 chance a day to play together and we have spent the past 3 days trying to connect instead of golfing. Idunno...

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 9:01 PM

I had the same problem a couple of weeks back. I started a group and 2 other player came on but

only one of the other players showed up on the course.

• FillNickles
    13 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 10:46 PM

Ok we got in a game, after a long loading wait. The 1st player tee'ed off, then it froze as it was switching to the 2nd player and player 1 gets an error message instantly, something to the effect of : "Loading manager error. Timeout asset timed out after 30 seconds." Same result in 4 different browser tried. Same result.

• FillNickles
    13 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:02 PM

This is getting frustrating, and to the point of unplayable. This seems to be happening at Kiawah only. He can tee off, then it freezes with that message above. Any clues? Anyone? Nothing?.....?????

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:17 PM

As I've already replied to you elsewhere, you friend should clear his/her Flash cache, try a different browser, and all the other advice mentioned in this thread.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 1:58 AM

FIll .... what i have seemed to notice is that if you invite more than 1 person, in your case a 3some, and one of those accepts their invite before an invite is sent to the third person, you guys won't all see each other. I fyou all don't see 3 people  on the invite screen, you will never get all three on the first tee.

What i try to do is send all the invites as quickly as i can. And when i'm receiving an invite for a MP round, i usally wait 10-15 seconds b4 i accept ... just in case i'm the first person invited. that should give the host time to invite the other players b4 i accept. It's only seemed to be a problem for the last couple of weeks, but that's my thinking, for what it's worth.

Jeff

• PAGES
RSS