Forums

Help › Forums

Augusta Golf Course

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 6 2023 2:42 AM (8 replies)
  • Hank0591
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 11:02 AM

what a fantastic selection of golf courses here to play.

For the moment, I guess that one more is missing, perhaps the most famous one.

What about Augusta golf course.

Someone knows if  there is some chance to play it some day on the WGT?!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 9:56 AM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 11:27 AM

A dice game by APBA  once had it mapped (flat) so that it could be played using their carded famous professionals. The game is still available from APBA, but not the Augusta course. EBay generally has APBA games and old card sets for sale.

• Hank0591
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 5:14 AM

Thank you for letting me know what was going on regarding the Augusta National Course here on the forum.

Well, now I see how huge support the people here gave into the idea of bringing in Augusta to WGT.    I managed to look thru all 40 pages on that topic.

Especially touching was the letter/request of Birdeeboy (Mr. Bultman). The reaction from the officials was polite, yet it looks like they stay inert to the request.

I used to play Links 2003 years ago and there was possible to play Augusta. Here, it seems to be impossible. You guys already mentioned some problems.

As a true golf fan, recently I searched on my mobile phone to find a golf game application and I must say that I started to love to play WGT from the beginning. Since the phone screen is too small to play, I am sending it to screen of my big TV and the result is awesome. One would love to be there on the courses, with colors, rendering of the game, etc. are very nice.

What about retrying to make a petition to the Augusta officials again. Does it make a sense?! If yes, who should make such a request.

I am convinced that once again crowd of people here will support the idea strongly.

"Ask, and ye shall receive"

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 10:09 AM

Hank0591:

What about retrying to make a petition to the Augusta officials again. Does it make a sense?! If yes, who should make such a request.

I am convinced that once again crowd of people here will support the idea strongly.

"Ask, and ye shall receive"

Respectfully, no, it doesn't make sense. Augusta National will do what they want to do, regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks. Any petition would be a total waste of time. 

With Augusta National it's more like "Ask, and ye shall be ignored." That's just reality. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 10:11 AM

FTFY:

Robert1893:
    With WGT it's more like "Ask, and ye shall be ignored." That's just reality. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 10:29 AM

alosso:

FTFY:

Actually, you didn't fix it; you just added a layer. No fixing was required. :-) 

I would have noted WGT except the poster suggested that the petition would go to Augusta National and not to WGT. 

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2023 9:20 AM

If you still play links let me know. Thx. I play it all the time.

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 2:42 AM

TopShelf2010:

Good point, certainly in the higher end of knowledge and comprehension on these message boards generally.

Touché sir, touché..

RSS