Forums

Help › Forums

Don't Quit Your CC, Just come join a league !!!!

Tue, Sep 21 2021 7:24 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DivatDown
    163 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 9:29 PM

Hi

My name is DivatDown (Dave) I am the owner and Head Admin of the number 1 rated Ladder League playing WGT.  We are a league of 75 great players and we are looking for dedicated players not only to their Country Club but to Players that would like to try a whole new experience of WGT.   We here at OCGl Ladder League play nightly Tourneys and afternoon Tourneys on the weekend.  We also Play a big Tourney every 3 months in conjuntion with the Pro's.  In these Tourneys our generous players donate WGT credits to be won. We also play all kinds of different Tourneys such as, Single Elimination Match Play, Random Partner Alt shot, Pick your Partner Alt shot , and stableford every Wednesday night and saturday mornings.  Our Tourneys also vary, from birdies or better, irons only and much more !!!.  We are a well organized League that has been going for over 4 years now.

We run off of Team Speak so you can communicate with other Players and also our game room for you to find open games with other Players almost any time of the day or night. This is all we require from you and your love of the game of course.  Just think, No More Typing!!!.  And its all free for You.  We also have our own Country Club that you can join if you wish, BUT, we do not ask you to quit the CC your in now, in fact  a lot of our players belong to different Country Clubs.  If this is something you might be interested in or have questions about, below is Our Official Web Site and email address to contact myself or one of the great Admin Staff we have. Please feel to browse the website(address below) to see what we are all about. Please be Tourmaster or better.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you on the greens soon !!!

Website Address:  www.ocgleague.com

Email Address:  ocgllader@gmail.com

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 11:02 PM
    DivatDown:
    We run off of Team Speak

DivatDown:
    This is all we require from you

DivatDown:
    Just think, No More Typing!!!.

Might be the problem you still got the same number playing...a year later ?

Quite a gregarious character myself but on certain days I don't want to HAVE to chat...headphones on, enter into an hour + chat ;/

Good luck though, sounds great if you up for that 'speak' every time.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 11:25 PM
    Good luck with the league, but has way too many rules for my liking.....more like a noose over a neck. But for players in like time zones and like Team Speak......could be great.
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 3:30 AM

Cases Ladder use to be Huge back in the day when they allowed Teams but when they stopped supporting Team play it died.And players with 70 game winning streaks just makes you wonder.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 3:58 AM

I am a member of the OCGL and am a member of a separate country club. The only hard and fast rule of the OCGL is using TeamSpeak, which is the front door to any play on the ladder. 

For those not familiar with ladders, it is all about head to head play. Each win against a higher ranked player on the ladder allows you to move up the ladder. Most of my rounds are solo efforts played outside the confines of the OCGL. There is no requirement that says I can't do this. However, when I want a head to head game I know that I can generally find one at OCGL.

While membership has remained relatively small, the OCGL is the most successful of the WGT  ladders leagues using the MYLeague site. If you enjoy playing with people you know in head to head competition, you might want to check out OCGL. And besides, you don't have to keep typing to carry on a conversation.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 2:27 PM

I filled out the contact form a few weeks back and got no response. Like many others, the necessity of TS is a bit off-putting, but I was hoping to find out more only to get no reply.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 4:34 PM
    Took a look at the rules page very briefly. All I saw in the first couple were reasons for removal lol. Nuff said!!
  • adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 4:37 PM

OCGL

its a great concept and a good league

1 problem

after every legue game you must log in and register your result

it could be a bind logging in after every OCGL game

yes they use teamspeak but you can also use discord or skype

all free and easy to use

• DivatDown
    163 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 4:53 AM

Hey Blue,

You don't  like rules???, without rules would be a free for all !!!!!.  You must follow rules of the road, or at work???? lol.

• golferfrank63
    187 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2021 6:16 PM

You still have a my league tournament ty

• PAGES
RSS