Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Memorial Tournament 2018?

Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:18 AM (113 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 12:32 PM

Hi all,

I am writing you today as the date for the third anniversary of Andyson's passing approaches us and our friend Paulton, who has for the past two years put together a wonderful golf tournament in Andy's memory, seems to have taken a break from the game and there is no indication (after speaking to the current owner of the Grande Oaks GC) that he will be coming back to set up an event for this year.

So, I'd like to reach out to the community and try to find some players that might like to help carry on Paul's tradition and put together the "3rd Annual Andyson Memorial Tournament".

I'm not suggesting I can put this event together (because I have no idea how to do this) but I'm definitely willing to to help anyone that wants to take charge.

Any takers?

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 1:47 PM

I would like to join in and help . I am not computer smart but can try to do what ever else for the event .

OPY

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 8:47 PM

I would like to play, but time constraints mean I cannot really assist in the running of it.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 9:04 AM

mrcaddie:

I'm not suggesting I can put this event together (because I have no idea how to do this) but I'm definitely willing to to help anyone that wants to take charge.

Any takers?

MC

Exactly what I 1st thought when I started reading your post.  PM sent

Thomas

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 12:54 PM

Of course I'm in. Let me know what you need done. I will speak to my buddy Bill (Shedlite) about it also. He took over keeping scores last year. Pretty sure he'll be happy to get involved.

SP

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 1:40 PM

Wayne my mate I would love to be involved once again, Unfortunately as far as helping run things I am as close to useless as can be.... but if it helps at all I will put up a sleeve of balls.

Wish I could do more Sir

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 4:01 PM

Dear Mr Caddie , as per our talk fore the " thing " please remember my offer of 50/100 ? 

I have an idea . Will send PM .  OR  you have my real 216 - 456 - ****.   A  30 min foe  face to face talk might cover more than play PM tag over than the next week .

OPY 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:36 PM

opyeuclid:
    please remember my offer

I haven't forgotten Opy, we can go in halves for this years bling.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 6:31 PM

Well, I appreciate everyone's offer to help, but as previously stated...I have no idea how to put together this kind of tournament, so it looks like it may not be happening this year.

Bummer!

RSS