Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Memorial Tournament 2018?

Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:18 AM (113 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 11:47 PM

People People... do I have to return to the forums to straighten out this mess? Please have respect for each other.   If you must, attack me.  That's what I am here for.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 12:39 AM

pdb1:

No matter what fatdan says . We had respect for one another .

I'll take that as a NO, you won't go away from this thread ! On to plan B....

And for the record, Andy didn't respect you at all, he had nothing good to say about you...he knew more about you than you would think anyone here would so you did p!ss him off, I think it was your comments on stupid Vietnam vets if memory serves me right...

We spoke via PM all the time, I can post his Private Messages to me about his ongoing quarrels with you if you would like ? That way you can't brush it off as another unwarranted attack on poor old you, I'll leave that up to you!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 1:02 AM

The difficulty in arranging mass matchplay could and i say could have been the straw that broke Paul (ton) s back. A lot sign up and you never hear from them again, so matches do not get completed, arguments start and someone had to decide who goes through. It happens a few times in World Cup but there are Captains and organisers to sort through that as its a club event. Someone not pulling weight then a sub is used for example.

Just an idea to alleviate that.....

1. A spokesman for a signed club creates a thread on their club forum explaining what is happening and spreading the good word of Dennis.

2. On a set date the said spokespersons from signed up clubs create a week long event called "Andyson Memorial Trophy". All clubs use the same chosen course and conditions.

3. Someone creates a thread on here so all the signed up clubs events can be hyperlinked onto it. Easiest way is for spokesman to play quickly, thread creator goes to their profile to get the link and edits it onto thread.

4. Banter can occur on the thread as the week long tourney goes on, anyone can be viewing each hyperlink, discuss it or someone can even do a ongoing progress league table.

5. If there are a lot of clubs in then the winner of each event, in each club goes on to a matchplay event. Say 32 clubs enter then of course you have 32 start the knockout phase.

6. If forums in clubs are decently ran then the winner will be under no illusion that he/she is going onto the matchplay section. If someone wins and he/she cant represent then it goes to who was second and so on.

That way you will have 100s upon 100s playing, yes some will play and not know what its really about but the majority will.......and whats important is that the winning representatives know what`s happening.

Sort of a two for one, you get the numbers, and you get the nulled down matchplay with no time wasters.

Just an idea

Good luck.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 4:57 AM

fatdan:

I'll take that as a NO, you won't go away from this thread ! 

Yeah.....  he's like a never ending rash...........

MC.....  errrr....  Wayne......  Got your message and thought about it a bit....      In the past, there were two folks who did a remarkable job setting up tournaments....   Names were   AlbertoBQ  and pierolitfiba.....   may be worth the time to drop them a line and get their view......    not that they would have an interest in "hosting" or "managing"; but they may have some solid ideas and perhaps even have some ready made spread sheets or programs available....    If I remember correctly, at one time,  they had "spreads" for match, stroke, and even some point system tournaments........  probably well worth the effort to reach out....

Hope it all works out.......  maybe difficult to appease everyone considering the different platforms.....       

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:15 AM

SlicedPepper:

Don't know whats going on with some of these posts but lets make one thing clear, the upcoming tournament is about Andyson, nothing more and certainly nothing less.

I couldn't care less about who's right or who's wrong. If someone here has a problem with someone else take it somewhere else. This is not the place for it.

This!! +1

And this...

Cuber:

Also please remember Andyson's charity http://springerrescue.org/

Wayne, thank you for the reply to my pm. Fires... yeah, geez, I had no idea. My offer still stands, I'm here if you need me mate, just hit me up.
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:56 AM

mrcaddie:

Hi all,

I am writing you today as the date for the third anniversary of Andyson's passing approaches us and our friend Paulton, who has for the past two years put together a wonderful golf tournament in Andy's memory, seems to have taken a break from the game and there is no indication (after speaking to the current owner of the Grande Oaks GC) that he will be coming back to set up an event for this year.

So, I'd like to reach out to the community and try to find some players that might like to help carry on Paul's tradition and put together the "3rd Annual Andyson Memorial Tournament".

I'm not suggesting I can put this event together (because I have no idea how to do this) but I'm definitely willing to to help anyone that wants to take charge.

Any takers?

MC

andyson was a close friend of mine. He did so much for our CC, personally, and for the entire WGT community. 

64 players was the limit.

Paul picked a course and we would play it in RANKED ROUND MODE (18 holes)

He would then pair everyone "randomly" for the bracket.

Easy concept but hard to get someone to take the reins, which I certainly can understand. It take A LOT of time and effort. 

Either way, lets all remember our friend who did sooo much for this community.

1 of 2 things.

1.) Start a SIGN UP THREAD (which I will be the first to sign up) or

2.) Have the respect, courtesy, and decency for andyson and STOP the bashing back and forth and move on to a SIGN UP THREAD with nothing more than signing your name. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 6:26 AM

As above, we run a fantastic matchplay event in club called double eliminator with around 60 members playing, but its in house, folk ignore messages from opponent then its wrists slapped ;-)......but it does not come to that in truth.

But thats in house, this is much more difficult as its often proven.

Matchplay can still happen, but after 100s of players have took part in a qualifier.....not a normal qualifier but a fun and frolicks banter one.

Again its just something where many can play and nobody screeches that their oppo is ignoring them or the time zones just dont work out.

Yes it could still happen at the latter matchplay stage but much less chance 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 10:09 AM

hi folks

I'd like to make this clear. stop all the bickering and in-fighting. I am sure we are all adults here and can figure out how to get something done without resorting to childish behavior. Last thing I would want is to close this thread, so do not force my hand.

-WGTicon a.k.a andyson's favorite 'punch bag'

RSS