Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Mon, Apr 15 2024 8:55 AM (1,953 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2022 9:02 AM

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Having things go your way

Are you holding yourself hostage to forces you cannot control? Are your happiness and self-esteem based on the random whims of fate?

Don’t make yourself and your effectiveness dependent on always having things go your way. Because things are not always going to go your way.

It is precisely when things are not going your way that you need to be at your best. By detaching from your outcomes you empower yourself to create more favorable outcomes.

Sure, it’s great when life unfolds in accordance with your desires. But because there are so many factors you cannot control, that’s not always going to happen.

Rather than cursing your fate every time something goes wrong, here’s a better approach. Accept what has happened, look realistically at your best options, and take positive action.

By acknowledging that many things are out of your control, you’re able to focus on what you can control. Do that, and you can cause a lot more situations to turn in your favor.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 9:27 AM

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Grounded in reality

There’s more to every person than what you see. There’s more to every situation than what’s immediately obvious.

Lots of things can happen that you could never think to anticipate. You’re clever, aware, and deeply thoughtful, but it’s impossible for you to know everything.

You’re skillful, experienced, innovative and resourceful. You can do a whole lot of good, yet you can’t do it all.

That’s why humility serves you so well. Humility gives increased power to your intelligence and abilities by keeping them in a realistic context.

Proceed with confidence, taking care not to let it spill over into arrogance. Remind yourself that every time you act as if you know it all and can do it all, you’re setting yourself up to fail.

Allow genuine humility to keep you grounded in reality. And you’ll continue to fulfill the great potential that lives within you.

— Ralph Marston

• ExtremePain
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 1:34 PM

Hi Ladychipper. 

I was wondering if its possible, I love one of your quotes page 148 this one in the email named " Changing Conditions " May I ask please, I would love to have this pasted on my wall in my account to help remind and center me with the road ahead. I cant send it to a friend. It also wont let me I tried sending it to myself and I struggled with that also. 

Can you help at all ?

I find it remarkable that you have dedicated such a large portion of your world helping others, these quotes are amazing. 

If it means there's no way to send the quote over to me. I will understand and thanks for your time. If I get lucky it comes over and you can send great. Thanks so much.

I hope your having a wonderful week. 😀

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 9:15 AM

Hi Extreme Pain,

I have posted it on your wall.  You could copy and paste it to your blog if you wish as well and delete it from your wall post. 

I pray your are not in extreme pain and wish you all the best.

Blessings,

Marion

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 11:31 AM

Thursday, July 14, 2022

What worries you

Worry won’t protect you from whatever you’re worried about. What can protect you are truth, strength, and action.

Here are the questions you must ask yourself. What can you do about it, and what will you do about it?

The good thing about worry is that it points your awareness specifically toward what you care about. That’s a valuable start, but it’s not enough.

Once you understand what you care about, worry has done its job. At that point you can transform the energy of worry into the energy of focused, effective action.

You can make a commitment to improve some particular aspect of your world. Then you can follow through on that commitment with the time, energy, and resources available to you.

Make note of what worries you, and determine what you can do about it. Then leave the worry behind by virtue of your positive actions.

— Ralph Marston

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 10:52 PM

The good thing about worry is that it points your awareness specifically toward what you care about. That’s a valuable start. . . .”

- - - - 

This is so much better than what people usually say about worry - that it is useless.  What a much kinder thing to say to a worrier - that they’ve done a swell job of figuring out what they care about.

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2022 11:30 AM

I agree AKD.  To worry is human nature and difficult to overcome.  When we care about someone or something we worry and hope for the best outcome.  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2022 11:33 AM

Friday, July 15, 2022

Understand more

You can never understand it all. That always give you the opportunity to understand more.

Life, existence, and reality are made of complex, interconnected attributes, layers, and dimensions. You can continually improve your understanding of the people, places, situations, ideas and concepts in your world.

The more deeply you understand, the more opportunities you can identify for positive progress. Increase your understanding, and you magnify your effectiveness.

It’s tempting and comfortable to assume you know all there is to know about a particular subject. But such an assumption will eventually lock you in a prison of your own making.

To elevate your understanding requires effort. Yet the exhilaration and benefits you’re likely to achieve are well worth the effort.

Challenge yourself and reward yourself at the same time. Seek to understand, and then to understand more.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2022 11:58 AM

Monday, July 18, 2022

Resolving conflict

No one is on the same journey as you. Yet countless people have passed through similar terrain, and continue to do so.

You are very much like others, and at the same time you are very much different. No one knows how it is to be you, yet everyone shares the complex and ineffable experience of being alive.

By your very nature as a unique individual, you cannot avoid conflict. What you can do is resolve conflict and put together ways to successfully live with it.

What is your primary tool in doing so? It is truth.

Be honest about your priorities, understand the conflicting priorities of others, and be mindful of your common interests. Call upon those truths to illuminate the way forward.

The way to win is not to deny, impugn or destroy the differences that exist between you and others. Build success by being clear and supportive toward what you have in common and agreeing to disagree on the rest.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,670 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 12:19 PM

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Something good to do

If you have nothing to do, you have nothing. Fortunately you can always give yourself something good to do.

You can make it interesting, meaningful, challenging, profitable, engaging. It’s up to you, and the possibilities are unbounded.

Often there’s much you need to do, and probably there’s much you’d like to do. Beyond that, you can get creative and explore life in dimensions you may have never imagined before.

Is your expectation to sit and be entertained with no thought or effort on your part? That may suffice for a short time but it’s certainly not going to provide any deep, lasting sense of satisfaction.

You deserve a life that’s rich, a life with days, months, and years that are full. And you are the person primarily responsible for doing the filling.

Fill your time with activities worthy of the unique, creative, caring person you are. Give yourself something good to do.

— Ralph Marston

RSS