Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Wed, Mar 27 2024 9:15 AM (1,938 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 9:19 AM

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Do what adds value

Do what adds value to life. Do what adds meaning, joy, and beauty to the world.

When deciding how to spend your time, ask yourself a simple question. Will this add richness to my life or the lives of others, or will it merely waste precious time?

Keep reminding yourself of the opportunities available to you. Keep reminding yourself that at any moment you’re either moving forward or moving backward.

Choose to go forward. Choose to expand upon the goodness.

Even the smallest improvement is infinitely preferable to no improvement. And there’s always some improvement, large, small, or in between, that you can make.

Imagine what would happen if you made meaningful use of every moment. Then bring the best of what you imagine to life by putting it into action.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2021 8:07 AM

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Untold riches

You are not a flat, static image to be tweaked, edited, optimized and disseminated. You are a deep and complex bundle of yearnings, contradictions, experiences, wonder, vulnerability, and love.

You are more than you could ever know or express. And so is every other person.

Within that truth are endless possibilities for connection, understanding, richness, achievement, and joy. Ask yourself, what are you doing to respect and explore that infinitely fertile ground?

It’s convenient to walk around with simple, unchanging, one-dimensional tokens in your mind to represent yourself and others. But it’s essential to remember that your overly-simplified map is not the territory itself.

In this life, in this reality, in this existence, you have just barely scratched the surface. The great thing is, there is no limit to how deep you can go.

What could you do today to know yourself better, and to more richly connect with someone else? Here is your opportunity, here is your challenge, your call to untold riches.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 8:18 AM

Friday, July 30, 2021

Get up and go

You can do it when you set your mind to it. You can do it when you commit your time to it.

You can do it when you stride confidently past your doubts. You can do it when you decide not to plunge into the pit of meaningless distractions.

You can do it when you have a good, meaningful reason. You can do it when you keep going for as long as necessary.

You can do it when your desire for achievement overpowers your desire for comfort, convenience, and self-pity. You can do it when you go ahead and take the next step no matter what just happened.

You can do it when you realize how worthless and debilitating the excuses have become. You can do it when you remind yourself that a single action is more effective than a thousand complaints.

What great good do you envision for your world, for your life? You can do it when you are ready, when you muster the will, when you get up and go.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 8:37 AM

Saturday, July 31, 2021

New beauty

Listen to what life tells you. Act on it.

Open yourself to truth, no matter how painful or demanding. Stick with that truth.

Feel your own desires, your own fears, your potential for joy, your ability. Feel the love you have for all you care about.

Be thankful for all you’ve been through, for all you have, for all that’s possible. Express that gratitude by making use of it, by pointing it in a positive and beneficial direction.

Watch as the sun appears over the horizon. Stand in amazement at the opportunity contained in just a single day.

Then do something about it, do something with it. Create the new beauty that is waiting for you to bring it to life.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 9:03 AM

Monday, August 2, 2021

Let now be good

Let now be good. Let now bring its unique fulfillment and richness.

Those days in the past that you remember as perfect had their problems and shortcomings. Those future times you imagine as ideal will not be flawless.

Be thankful for what has been, for all that will be. And experience each joy as its time arrives.

Now is everything you have. It is far from perfect, yet it is more than enough.

Do the good you can do, now when you can. Be the authentic person you are, now when it matters.

Let go of any longing for what might have been, or what was, or what could be, and just let now be good. Now is here for you, so be fully here for now.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2021 11:35 AM

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Promises to keep

You’ve made promises to yourself, promises to others, promises to life. Do what you can to keep those promises.

You’ve always had potential, and have accumulated even more potential as time has passed. Do all you can to fulfill the best of that potential.

It’s tempting to settle in, hide away, be satisfied with what you’ve done, and leave it at that. But you have promises to keep, possibilities still waiting for you to bring them to life.

Today you can work to deliver on all the good promises you’ve made. Today you can live your life according to how you always said you would and expected you would.

Nothing is holding you back from doing so other than your own choices. Whether your promises result in achievement or disappointment is up to you.

You know how good you’ve envisioned life to be, how good you’ve promised it can be. Now is your chance to make good on that promise.

— Ralph Marston

• fineleg
    827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2021 4:33 AM

Hello- I do not know if this is the correct thread for this-- but I dom`t know where else to pst ??

Today  I earned 14 XP points-- 2 days ago I earned over 6000 !- How do i get WGT to re-instate my consecutive days ??? How can I be taken back to day one ?? I have played every day for my club to earn points ( I have over 4 Million for my Club- now I am back to earning 14 a DAY !!

Can anyone help ?

many Thanks

Fineleg

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2021 10:14 AM

It sounds like for some reason you missed playing on one day , and broke your consec days . 
    WGT are very good at reinstating if it is a one off , so instead of posting here I suggest you email them on members@worldgolftour.com, and ask them to reinstate . They will want to know how many days consec you had , if you don’t know exactly , give them as close to the number as posssible . I have a good feeling they will accommodate you . Good luck  

just looked at your score history , and it looks as though nothing was recorded for the 3 august , that doesn’t mean you didn’t play because you may have played a coin room match , but there is no actual tourney or ranked round recorded for that day .

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2021 12:23 PM

Thanks for answering bossbird!  I am not getting e-mail messages from WGT when someone replies in the forums nor PM's me so I didn't see this until now. 

Community Help would be a better place to post questions though.

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2021 12:23 PM

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The best way forward

Declining to lift a weight will not make you stronger. Refusing to deal with a challenge will not make the challenge go away.

Giving yourself less to do will not enable you to get more done. Putting off your work will not result in accomplishment.

Rise to the challenges. Do it sooner rather than later.

Your activities on any day can be easy or they can be meaningful, but not both. A week from now, a decade from now, meaningful will bring much more richness to your world than easy.

Of all your choices today, which ones will result in new value? Go with those.

The best way forward will demand much from you. This is your chance to give it willingly, enthusiastically, and to enjoy the goodness that flows from all you’re able to accomplish.

— Ralph Marston

RSS