Forums

Help › Forums

Bethpage woes!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 6 2009 6:31 AM (3 replies)
  • loveclose
    269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 2:48 AM

Having nearly broken par on the Ocean course, I find I still struggle with bethpage!!!  Looks like I'll need to upgrade my gear if I'm to get around......!

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 5:14 AM

Yes a new driver is in order. Look for one with 250 yard capabilities. Also compare swing meter speeds, the "better" drivers are a bit faster. For more $ the Rapture has the slowest meter. Time to go shopping. You've definitely got the skills & that extra 20-30 yards will make a difference.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 6:15 AM

It takes time and plenty of practice to shoot decently at BPB with the default clubs.

You need good course management, the ability to stick short approach shots close to the hole, and ability to one putt to save pars when needed.

BPB and Kiawah are world's apart when it comes to course management and scores.   You can have poor course management w/default clubs, and still shoot par at Kiawah.    Poor course management at BPB with the default clubs and the chances of seeing par are very slim.

That being said, upgraded clubs will help, especially more driving distance and a better putter.

You just recently joined and there is a learning curve for this game (not even counting learning the courses), so keep on playing and you'll continue to get better.

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2009 6:31 AM

Off to try again....!!

RSS