Forums

Help › Forums

Practicing at the same hole?

Tue, Mar 30 2021 2:42 PM (20 replies)
  • KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 12:24 AM

Friends

I am fairly new to this WGT. Really nice program and easy to play, but there is one thing that I do not see and miss. Or am I just not aware of it being available somewhere?

That is, how can I practice one hole several times, without having to go through the whole 9 holes or whatever? I would like to practice the same shot but with different clubs and settings to see how changing things affects the result. Now I only have one option and then next time I came there I do not recall how I did last time and with which settings.

Is there some place where you can in fact practice your shots?

Thanks for help with this.

Kalle

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 9:57 AM

For the PC game hover over "WGT Community" in top menu and select "Golf Courses" in the drop-down list.  Clicking on a course will give you a choice of individual holes.  There is also a Mulligan feature to repeat a specific shot.  Not sure if the mobile version has the same path or other options.  -Keith

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:48 AM

If that fails go to WGT Community- player profile- Scott Hope- then' Play one hole'

Siders Best

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:37 PM

Thanks Siders Best, I was unaware of that button on Scott's profile.  Very nice way to access the various tees and wind conditions.  Hard to keep up on all the wonderful links that Scott keeps adding!  -Keith

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 4:58 AM

Sorry, Keith, but there is no such option as WGT community in the top menu!

Or maybe we are talking about different menus? I can not see such a menu anywhere. :-(

Thanks anyway. I appreciate your try.

Kalle

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 5:03 AM

Hi and thanks.

Not sure but it does not work in my Firefox 59 0 2 under Win 10 Pro.

I copy the text into the window where it is supposed to go but then nothing happens. Or maybe I do not know what next to do?

Thanks anyway

Kalle

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 8:14 PM

KalleKellosta:

Sorry, Keith, but there is no such option as WGT community in the top menu!

Or maybe we are talking about different menus? I can not see such a menu anywhere. :-(

Thanks anyway. I appreciate your try.

Kalle

On the PC version, there is an ad across the top of the page, and beneath that - to the right of the WGT logo, there are several labels that, in fact, are dropdown menus.  They say:

Get Credits     Pro Shop    My Profile    WGT Community .....etc.

I am running this in WIN 10 (hate it!) in Chrome.

Are you logged in (having already created an account)?

+++++++++++++++++

If you are on mobile, click the very top left of the screen (3 horizontal lines) and you get a dropdown menu.

Select "Courses"

Pick a course on the next screen,

Pick which set of holes to play,

Then you can select "Practice" (instead of ranked)

At that point you can choose which tees, how much wind, , green speed, etc.

Hope that helps.

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 8:35 PM

Thanks for your help, DrLarry but mine is different. :-(

I would like to add a screenshot here but I do not see how to add a jpeg.

Mine has no ad across the top, nor does it have those menu items either. An no WGT logo either! There is a text in the upper right corner "World Golf Tour".

There is a menu, drop down one, on the upper left corner under my name but there is no WGT community there. There is  a Community menu item half way down the page a bit to the left.

I looked at that page using Chrome too but still it does not look like yours!

This is very confusing.

Thanks

Kalle

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 5:20 AM
     KalleKellosta :
    I copy the text into the window where it is supposed to go but then nothing happens. Or maybe I do not know what next to do?
    Kalle, you may have to type allow pasting then hit enter if you are doing this for the first time in FireFox's developer tools console, otherwise I don't think it will allow you to enter any javascript. (This applies to FireFox only).

You also need to be doing this on the same forum page as the 'Play One Hole' javascript.
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 9:24 AM

Kalle, you can access the courses for single hole play by typing this into your browser address bar....

http://www.wgt.com/courses/

...from that page you can (hopefully) select the course you want to play and the hole.

RSS