Help › Forums

Full version?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 12:56 PM (2 replies)
  • winkypeet
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 12:23 PM

Hello!

I saw, that it says "World Golf Tour beta", up in the left corner of my screen. Is it possible to download a full version, or something?

I also only can choose 5 courses, and I was wondering if it was possible to get to choose new ones?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 12:52 PM

Hi winkypeet, World Golf Tour is currently in Open Beta stage, and no one is quite sure when it will enter a full version stage.

Also, there are currently only two stroke play courses and five closest-to-the-hole courses. The reason there are so few is because WGT is based on actual high-definition pictures of the courses. So WGT actually has to go to the course and take hundreds of pictures, and then upload them and place pixels over them. It takes six months, twelve people, and $200,000 to complete a full stroke-play course. They are currently working on finishing another stroke play course, St. Andrews.

Hope this answers your questions! Good luck, and if you need any more info just use the search box to the right of your screen.

• winkypeet
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 12:56 PM

Fantastic, thanks so much for your reply! - It was also St. Andrews I was looking for, but fair! Looking forward to it! :-)

RSS