Forums

Help › Forums

Working business plan?

Fri, Aug 20 2021 12:33 AM (26 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 7:50 AM

Can someone please explain to me, wgts business plan?  I do understand the competition behind clashs, and turf wars, and the concept for both people on a pc, and mobile units. But I dont understand the way they implement it, do they really think that a cc membership will spend a lot of money on passes, when they are out numbered 10 to 1?  I believe that in the real world, it would work the opposite way!  Putting it a nice way, do they have their heads in the clouds? It's one thing to think idealistic, but clearly not realistic.  

When these events come along, I'll buy passes, if we have a chance at competing, but 10 to 1 odds (which happens often) I don't spend a dime, and I know I'm not the only one.  So will someone please explain where this makes good business sense?  They lose money money on passes, and ball sales.  Is there an upside for wgt here? 

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:14 AM

Luckystar5:

I don't spend a dime,  

You must buy your Nike balls, don't you ?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:28 AM

Luckystar5:

Can someone please explain to me, wgts business plan?  I do understand the competition behind clashs, and turf wars, and the concept for both people on a pc, and mobile units. But I dont understand the way they implement it, do they really think that a cc membership will spend a lot of money on passes, when they are out numbered 10 to 1?  I believe that in the real world, it would work the opposite way!  Putting it a nice way, do they have their heads in the clouds? It's one thing to think idealistic, but clearly not realistic.  

When these events come along, I'll buy passes, if we have a chance at competing, but 10 to 1 odds (which happens often) I don't spend a dime, and I know I'm not the only one.  So will someone please explain where this makes good business sense?  They lose money money on passes, and ball sales.  Is there an upside for wgt here? 

Profit = Revenue - Cost of Goods Sold

Their business plan is to increase Profit and Revenue like any business in the known universe.

What they think is that Clash's are a source of revenue, otherwise they wouldn't do them.

Not everyone plays on PC and not everyone shares other's ideas about clashes or anything else WGT sells.

They cater to ALL of their user base -- not the small numbers on this forum who don't like clashes or sparkling ball trails.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:28 AM

Yes, i do, but it would be lots more if I played ALL the clashs and turf wars. They are still losing money, if my club has a shot at beating another club, I'll purchase passes, but not if it's an unfair match up,  more money lost to them.  We are in a turf war, yes it's close, so I bought passes, but haven't struck a ball, in the clash, and not a dime on passes. (Clash wise). It's money lost! 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:33 AM

Luckystar5:
    I dont understand the way they implement it, do they really think that a cc membership will spend a lot of money on passes, when they are out numbered 10 to 1?
    I'm afraid to say that you probably have not understood Clash Events. They are not about winning against the opposing CCs but about amassing points for the final leaderboard.

Luckystar5:
    When these events come along, I'll buy passes, if we have a chance at competing,
    Did you ever have a chance to compete for the overall victory (=> Golden Calf)?

If not, you are wasting your precious credits because you don't win the high prizes.

If yes, you are wasting your precious credits, because the high prizes aren't worth much, starting from the top - an ordinary putter with an extraordinary price tag but no real value.

Those who participate can only hope to find some immaterial fun. Each to his own!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:36 AM

I don't play or promote Turf Wars in my club. Clashes are enough, 223 members buying balls and Passes are enough.

I try to get them only to use the free pass, but many buy them anyway.

Turf Wars are to much.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:44 AM

DonCaron:

I don't play or promote Turf Wars in my club. Clashes are enough, 223 members buying balls and Passes are enough.

I try to get them only to use the free pass, but many buy them anyway.

Turf Wars are to much.

I'd rather compete in the turf wars, on mobile, it's a way to interact with others, being H2H games.  I also use it as a recruiting tool, it's a way to meet new friends, and if they aren't in a club, I invite them.  I know it's only for worthless coins, but with the new apparel program, it's a way to use those coins.  Mobile players don't have a lot of things that those that play on a computer have. It has a few perks for us. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 9:16 AM

WillieSinkit:

Luckystar5:

I don't spend a dime,  

You must buy your Nike balls, don't you ?

I also, bought a few nikes, to keep on hand, til we figure out what is going to be up, with the newer ones coming out. I'm betting, even if the new ball stock, is the same specks, they will cost more.  If I'm wrong, I'm even, right, then I'm ahead. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2018 11:30 AM

Luckystar5:
    I'd rather compete in the turf wars, on mobile, it's a way to interact with others, being H2H games.  I also use it as a recruiting tool, it's a way to meet new friends, and if they aren't in a club, I invite them.  I know it's only for worthless coins, but with the new apparel program, it's a way to use those coins.  Mobile players don't have a lot of things that those that play on a computer have. It has a few perks for us. 

The really good thing on mobile is that they can use the apparel in clashes. I have about 25% mobile players in my club, so thats a good thing.

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2018 2:24 AM

We are exactly the same Don.

Even though we are mostly  mobile players, I don't play or promote Turf Wars or any coin games. Some of our members do still play them and that's up to them if they enjoy them.

Apart from playing H2H against different people and maybe making some friends along the way, I don't see what is to be gained for the player or the club in terms of progression. The Turf War games don't affect a players average and provide them and the club with very little XP. I do know that there are some people who play a heck of a lot of coin games and somehow generate a heck of a lot of XP somehow. As far as I can see there's nothing to be gained from playing Turf War. Am I right in thinking that you don't get anything for being top of that leaderboard?

At least with the Clashes you do get something back, even if it is just passes for yourself, tee markers and course builders for the the club. The prizes for finishing in the top 3 are pathetic when only 1 member gets to recieve it. I do think the prizes should be better and  spread further down the leaderboard, but that's just my opinion.

RSS