Forums

Help › Forums

Distance Calculator (program)

Fri, Nov 17 2023 11:20 AM (110 replies)
  • BertLane
    459 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 5:48 PM

Hey Saulo,

What David said right about pulling open the spread sheet wider. I had the same problem till I figured it out.

About Young's Putting Calculator, you are right. Young's putting calculator works great. I like it better than Sgt Bilko's.

I am haven't some trouble with Pinseekers calculator since he released his new update.  I wonder if any one else is having problems.  My mid irons are not matching the deviation yardage on the the medium to hard wind deviations.  I use level 80+ Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons with 4.5 precision and 3 forgiveness that normally land within 10 feet. The length is fine, just the deviation, even when I hit right on the ding. 

I'm thinking about going back to recharting all my clubs and using the clock and a hand calculator.

Any thoughts out there would be appreciated.

Bert

• boeling
    320 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 10:44 AM

i dont like  :)

• crmamx
    369 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 9:28 AM

YankeeJim:

SamBlackshaw:
     I have created a simple and effective excel spreadsheet program that quickly calculates the distance you need to hit the ball for different elevations / wind.

How does it work? Looks like straight math, what little shows up.

I have tried to create the same thing in excel with no success. I know HTML and CSS but i do not know javascript which is what I need. I don''t think you can put arrays in Excel and access them based on if: then: otherwise logic.

There are 2 main variables to the calculation which I do not see mentioned. The first is a Course Adjustment which uses ocean or inland course, distance to pin and wind speed and a wind adjustment factor.

The second variable needed is a wind angle adjustment factor which is a trigonometric function.

I wear my fingers out doing these calculations every round. But they are dead on the money.

If there is anyone that is proficient in javascript and would like to tackle ths project please let me know

Curtis

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 10:00 AM

crmamx:
    If there is anyone that is proficient in javascript and would like to tackle ths project please let me know

ScottHope

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 12:22 PM

We've already had a chat. I'm not sure I have the necessary skills for this, but I'll have a go if no one else comes forward.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:10 PM

ScottHope:
    I'm not sure I have the necessary skills for this

Ahhh, but if you don't that brain of yours ain't gonna rest until you do.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 2:04 PM

Hehe. It's really just a filling for my hat.  ; )

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 8:15 PM

crmamx:
    I have tried to create the same thing in excel with no success. I know HTML and CSS but i do not know javascript which is what I need. I don''t think you can put arrays in Excel and access them based on if: then: otherwise logic.

In Excel you can activate the Developer Tab. This is done through the File, Options, then Custom Ribbon, add the Developer Tab. Once you have the Developer Tab you can write scripts in Excel VBA which is very similar to VBA. Arrays and if statements are no problem. You can use all your trig functions as well. Good luck.

• lorenzopel
    3 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:11 AM

you cannot enter anything 0n the sheet. how to enter and calculator am I too dumb

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:21 AM

You have to download then open it with Excel | Google Sheets before you can enter any data.

RSS