Forums

Help › Forums

Distance Calculator (program)

Fri, Nov 17 2023 11:20 AM (110 replies)
  • Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 11:01 AM

hello, can you help me with the formula ? I use to play with free balls and I use to get 4/5 heartbeat shots. and now with new balls 

first I tried call level 33 its a good ball but I have no idea how to hit with iron unable to calculate wind and spin..

so now I am using srixon l11 balls even now I am struggilng with shots

I am now worse, down to only 1/5 heartbeat shots its become difficult and embarrassing

I have Callaway level 85 driver and Callaway level 85 irons too.

• BoogieEric
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 6:48 AM

This is what I'm struggling with, too. Just started play with non-zero distance balls, and my range is all messed up now. No idea how to adjust for them.

• triple000
    220 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:43 PM

Ka9shk:

hello, can you help me with the formula ? I use to play with free balls and I use to get 4/5 heartbeat shots. and now with new balls 

first I tried call level 33 its a good ball but I have no idea how to hit with iron unable to calculate wind and spin..

so now I am using srixon l11 balls even now I am struggilng with shots

I am now worse, down to only 1/5 heartbeat shots its become difficult and embarrassing

I have Callaway level 85 driver and Callaway level 85 irons too.

Very simple solution.........do what Thousand's of players before you have done 

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 7:15 PM

May need to remap distances. Plus, those numbers are only an average if done on ideal conditions. 

• GmanPro
    120 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 7:45 PM

Ok guys, if you want to become a good player, you've got to get rid of the starter stuff. Plenty of decent balls are available for less than a dollar for a 3 pk. (See WGT balls.) Balls with higher numbers for distance, spin, etc, generally go farther and spin more than those that have lower numbers. They also cost more.

You're also going to need better clubs, so ditch the starters. Fact is, if you want to advance, it's going to cost you something. Balls and clubs that cost money do better than those that are free. That's the way it works on WGT.  Just start with what you can afford.

There are lots of opinions on calculating wind and distance. I usually take half the wind and add or subtract it from the distance shown. For winds at an angle, subtract another 25 to 50% of that figure. Once you get used to it, you can do it quickly in you head. And you've got to spend time practicing. Can't get around that. Also, divide uphill and downhill elevations by 3 and add or subtract accordingly.

Experience is the best teacher. You can't get around that. 

Finally, the equipment doesn't make the golfer. It's what you do with the tools that  will determine how good you become. 

Good Luck.

• Thunderclub
    2 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 12:56 AM

Thanks Gman for your post much appreciated

• tommytwoshoes1
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 8:00 AM

You’re a big help.🤣

• tommytwoshoes1
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 8:13 AM

Better equipment is definitely the key if you want to improve but you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get that equipment if you’re willing to be patient. I haven’t spent a dime and have added some nice clubs and still need to add some more. If you’re willing to watch the videos when you are just sitting around you can get 150 free coins a day. By doing that I have nice irons, driver (second one), 3wood, hybrid. Working towards a 60 degree wedge and putter. Balls will come later. 

Just wanted to add that to your good post. 

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:26 AM

Wind Calculator (Copy Link & Paste)

https://shortgrass123.wixsite.com/pinhunters/gs-wind-putting-program

Equipment: Drivers ought to be 1st priority. Wedges & then irons. 

Course Management: This is the key that unlocks your progress. Put in the time to map. Main focus is to know where to land an approach shot for easiest putt. Best shot to learn? Punch shot!

Golf Balls: Believe it or not, map every shot for a starter or starter like ball. Why?

(1You can establish a foundation, an average, for every shot, for less money. Repeat, yes it is only an average, but provides good info for whenever using more expensive golf balls. 

(2) If nothing elsea starter ball can provide you with excellent information for drives in every wind conditions, at every level, except at Legend tier. 

(3) Mapping the starter or starter like ball will allow you to move through levels inexpensively. Best place to start is the best of the Par 3's. 

I've come across too many Legends who's focus was quickly getting to that tier, but realize they do not have the necessary clubs. So take time to planning your move to the next tier.

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 6:53 AM

I have finished my distance calculator program. I wrote it in Delphi to help me judge my distance. You can also adjust the yardage if your clubs play long or short. Hopefully it will help some players. Set WGT display to window 1024 x 768 then you can overlay the strength meter. Let me know if it helps you.

* UPDATE *

05/04/2021

Added putting distance calculator .

view?usp=sharing

RSS