Forums

Help › Forums

Cant send Messages

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:56 AM (7 replies)
  • Zagie
    26 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 2:03 AM

Sorta weird i have been trying to send my one friend(yea im not to popular yet) a message but when i hit the message tab it does nothing at all??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 6:14 AM

Z-I had the same problem until I figured out the receiver has to be online. I thought I remembered you could leave the message anyway but it doesn't work unless the other person is available.

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 12:45 PM

Sorry YJ... I have to disagree.  It seems that I have received messages from friends while I was offline.. and sent some to friends who were offline.

One of the biggest problems in sending messages back and forth is the fact that if you 'friend' has removed your name from their list you can not get through.... you still "see" them as a "friend", but the message system doesn't recognize them as such.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 12:52 PM

Used to be that way for me too, Snaike, but isn't now. Just verified it after reading your post. Offline-no message and the guy's in my league table so I know I'm on his list.

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 1:25 PM

Lol.. I agree.. "Beta" ...

Anyway, called my brother who plays, found out he is offline and proceeded to send him a message.  Had him log on, and there was the message.

Seems that we have a slippery bug here.  I would suggest that all those who can't send messages to off-line friends send a note to WGT.  Just make sure that they still have you on their list.

Peace......                     

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 8:50 PM

You don't need to be online to receive messages (would be quite absurd; private messages aren't a variety of chat). It's just one of the many bugs plaguing this site, that sending messages does not always work. I would try a different browser, to start with, for example Internet Explorer. This forum is buggy in all browsers, but least so in Internet Explorer. In Opera, as of August 13th, you can send neither private messages nor forum posts. 

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 2:32 AM

Thanks all..I am thinking he removed me from his list as i can send messages to my new friends..Maybe he needed to clean up is list(hope so so i dont feel bad )..but i removed his name as i figured this is the case..Thanks all for info on this..Is it in the works that when someone removes you u just dont see them anymore??I mean really no point in a onesided friendship)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:56 AM

Zagie:
    I am thinking he removed me from his list as i can send messages to my new friends.

Yes, that's usually it.... why you can't send a message to someone...

Zagie:
    Is it in the works that when someone removes you u just dont see them anymore??I mean really no point in a onesided friendship

Yes, it's a well-known bug that WGT confirmed will be eliminated as soon as possible.

RSS