Forums

Help › Forums

WGT needs to stop the cheats

Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:51 PM (75 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 7:56 AM

For those who can remember what Lizzie would say, this thread means nothing. For those of you who have issues with not being as skilled as others, there is only one thing to say--

I SEE BUTTERFLIES

Oh how we miss you Lizzie

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 11:56 AM

renniw52:

For those who can remember what Lizzie would say, this thread means nothing. For those of you who have issues with not being as skilled as others, there is only one thing to say--

I SEE BUTTERFLIES

+1

(I joined too late to know Lizzie, but agree with the sentiment!)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 1:43 PM

renniw52:

I SEE BUTTERFLIES

I remember Lizzie, She was a cool woman. It's to bad we lost her.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 8:00 AM

papaputter55:

I might be naive, but how does watching rounds on youtube prove they were not cheating. Not saying they were cheating and they probably are legit, just don't know how these "prove" they are not cheating.

Watching rounds on youtube won't necessarily make you a good player either!

However, as someone who has watched considerable number of rounds played by top players, learned tips for how to play and manage different courses, how to play heavy winds, how to potentially read greens better, and invested hundreds of hours and thousands of rounds practicing those techniques... they do and can help you improve your scoring over and above trying to figure it all out on your own...

But, watching youtube alone, won't get you there... it may speed up the learning curve quite a bit though... it might be like turning a 5 mile race into a 3 mile race, but it definitely isn't making it a 100y dash...

It is the players who appear to getting there in 100y dash time, shooting scores consistently in the 50's from the back tees under challenging conditions in less than 5 months playing the game… that means they supposedly started as a hack promoted to legend and mastered the legend tees that quickly... now that does seem absurd.  Those are the players that appear to be multi account or restarts.

Even watching and learning from youtube, I would say it has taken me a good year of playing heavy wind conditions and tough setups to start getting more consistent.  I may be able to put a string of upper 50's together now, but it is still tough because you also need good heavy winds conditions sometimes to do that.  Courses can play considerable different under good heavy winds and bad heavy winds that make getting close to the hole very difficult or turn long par 4's into 3 shot holes just to get close to the pin for a par save...

But there are a lot of factors at play and there are without question players out there trying to restart, multi account, or some other means to undermine WGT guidelines... but some of them definitely get caught and the accounts appear shut down... So, WGT appears to be doing what they can... but it is always possible for them to restart again I guess...  regardless...

I know I wouldn't take a chance it just isn't worth it after all the time effort and work I put in.   Heck, I don't want to recommend the game to a family member that could stop by and be perceived as playing on the same IP address.  I have heard of spouses in my country club that had to validate their accounts when WGT suspected them of multi account activity but they each played their own account but it was coming from the same IP address.... to me that shows WGT is policing multi account activity and to me... it is NOT worth the risk... 

• sexysuzie
    4,130 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 6:27 PM
    let us not forget....this is a Game,,,,,and it should be fun :))
  • quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:00 PM

How does that actually work? Do you get to see where they aim?, what spin they use?, if they hit a full shot? Because usually all the info i get when i play with others is the club...nothing more. So do you actually see the entirety of the persons shot making decisions on youtube or other such devices?

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 2:36 PM

quadrock123:

How does that actually work? Do you get to see where they aim?, what spin they use?, if they hit a full shot? Because usually all the info i get when i play with others is the club...nothing more. So do you actually see the entirety of the persons shot making decisions on youtube or other such devices?

yes you see exactly what you would see on your own screen, so you can see how much spin, where they aim, whether it be full shot, punch, pitch, the distance etc

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 3:16 PM
    +1 #mbcarp99 although I would add, what you observe and what you can pick up can vary with different players... some talk, some don't, some seemingly talk by swirling the mouse ( possibly the mouse version of cussing over a odd shot ) and of course a few provide actual walk through of a course they may play... so you can learn quite a bit... a few answer questions if you are logged into their stream on youtube or twitch.
  • LennySkynyrd
    21 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 4:46 AM

I agree with your analogy totally (play more rounds, learn the game and then come to realize that 53 is otherwise an avg rd for a very small percentage of members). After all, it is a game of repetition (just like real golf). I'm simply chiming in because the other day I shot 56 in a Bracket Challenge...and lost to a fellow who shot 55 (from the tips). I've played long enough to realize that shooting 56 on a par 72 will almost always get you knocked out of a Bracket Challenge (although it seems weird to say that). I was just a bit surprised in this particular scenario, in that, the fellow who ousted me by 1 shot has a total of only 241 ranked rounds and joined WGT a little over 90 days ago. I wanted to send him a message. You know, to congratulate him on his performance. Unfortunately, he and his 7 friends all have their "Send Message" icon turned off/disconnected (not looking to stir up a bunch of comments on this topic). In the end, who really cares (it's just a game over a few dollars). I just don't ever recall shooting such a low number after 90 days (in a one time, entry type tourny from the tips...i.e., not a CC tourny where you can play the same event over & over ad nauseam). Not a hater...just sayin'.    

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 11:27 AM

LennySkynyrd:
    Unfortunately, he and his 7 friends all have their "Send Message" icon turned off/disconnected

there is no way to do that, you can only send messages to people on your friends list

RSS