• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 9:53 AM

Ducati916:

new poll....what lives on after the nuclear holocaust:

cockroaches

auto calling telemarketers

A WGT player who is gone for good?

What's the difference between the first and last one?  

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 10:45 AM
    Been here a long time, have read many goodbye forever entries. Only to see in some cases in only a matter of a few days, that they are back, or never truly left. In a small group are those who have been absent for years, but come back. I fully understand that were I a CC owner, or a player with close personnel ties with others that a final statement is a worthy thing to do. I do not understand all the drama that some want to be a part of on their departure. It screams LOOK AT ME ! PAY ATTENTION! I'M LEAVING NOW ! It all smells of cheap self promotion. Get over yourself. Just say good bye to your friends and be done with it. Should something untoward happen to prevent your final statement, you should have one of your friends you can count on make a short statement in your stead. Still there should not be great drama attached. I have witnessed the sudden and un-expedited departure of persons, who in their time at WGT made a difference, to the good of everyone, and others who were well known or greatly liked by many. In those few cases great sorrow and regrets were displayed, as only that which was due that persons memory. No drama, anguish yes, but no drama. Only my opinion and my nickle.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 10:49 AM
    ex-wives alimony! my nickle.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2018 8:17 AM

pdb1:

lee22sharon:
    It screams LOOK AT ME ! PAY ATTENTION! I'M LEAVING NOW ! It all smells of cheap self promotion. Get over yourself. Just say good bye to your friends and be done with it.

Well obviously i do it differently . And what makes your response not A CRY FOR ATTENTION ? " LOOK I GOT MORE NICKLES " !!! 

No you dont, if you had 2 nickles to rub togeather, you'd be on here playing.  

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2018 11:25 AM

Luckystar5:
    No you dont, if you had 2 nickles to rub togeather, you'd be on here playing. 

Now that's just precious

pdb1:
    Well obviously i do it differently . And what makes your response not A CRY FOR ATTENTION ? " LOOK I GOT MORE NICKLES " !!! 

Must be a 1 percenter by now on the life line

100% still combative

Bowing out gracefully died out with the golden age of movie actors

Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Bette Davis, Liz Taylor, Lee Marvin, Dean Martin, The Chairman Frank Sinatra Etc...

Class used to mean something more than a monetary category.........

☢-------------------<*{{{{{-(

RSS