Forums

Help › Forums

More Courses

Mon, Aug 15 2022 10:49 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Vetsch007
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:58 AM

This is by far the best golf game there is.

However, we need more courses! I'd like to see Riviera, Whistling Straights, Bay Hill, TPC Sawgrass or Scottsdale and another open course like Troon, Muirfield or Carnoustie.

No reason we cant get a new course once a year or every other year. What happens to all that money users spend on this game? Reward your users and spend that money on new courses.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 10:35 AM

Totally Agree, but i wont hold my breath for new courses. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 10:59 AM

Vetsch007:

This is by far the best golf game there is.

However, we need more courses! I'd like to see Riviera, Whistling Straights, Bay Hill, TPC Sawgrass or Scottsdale and another open course like Troon, Muirfield or Carnoustie.

No reason we cant get a new course once a year or every other year. What happens to all that money users spend on this game? Reward your users and spend that money on new courses.

Sounds great and would be nice . At the same time WGT has to first get permission from the courses to use them in the game . Then they have to kick out $250,.000 doolars to shoot the course . Until now a new course was added every year at the time of the US Open . The last course was Erin Hills and not sure if we will get Shinnecock this year or not . Still no word as of yet but many doubt that its going to happen .

Although we as players feel the game should advance more than it is currently doing . We must remember that this is also a business . It has costs to run utilities payroll property taxes and other insurances and costs as well . This is the standard norm of every business , and this one is no exception .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 11:29 AM

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:15 PM

If you remember game TW pga tour 08, it has less than 10 courses as official.. When game's official online play failed it got over 2000 courses created by fans and people that loved game... So maybe we have to wait here same scenario....Although Im not sure how much "creatable" are games in browsers based on flash

Nik

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 1:18 PM

salamicus:

If you remember game TW pga tour 08, it has less than 10 courses as official.. When game's official online play failed it got over 2000 courses created by fans and people that loved game... So maybe we have to wait here same scenario....Although Im not sure how much "creatable" are games in browsers based on flash

Nik

Is a totally different way here, basically because the courses here are no build in a 3d software, are created in base of photographs & terrain data

I play Links2003, & i'm creating a course myself, but with an 3d software, here is different & not so ''simple'', thats why the course looks real! :)

Here you have a little explanation from how works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwMdwNuWMc

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 6:18 PM

Yes, I see great effort they done to make courses..but I cant see why it is all implemented in flash to make one click golf game ( and that one click may , or may not work as it should .depending on connection , server or whatever)...

Course looks real cause you are looking at  photography all time, don t see any more special realism  than that one. Even with those terrain technology they mention, they failed to make uneven lies (although lies should be always there not only in uneven mode) But presentation of lies seems plain wrong, I think for anyone who felt gravity in life, not only for those who played golf

I seriously doubt in those stories about how much money is needed to realize course in this flash game...but it s just my opinion. Bottom line is that there is evident lack of courses...and I could play those same ones for 3 years..but don t know for how long in future

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 12:55 PM

salamicus:

Yes, I see great effort they done to make courses..but I cant see why it is all implemented in flash to make one click golf game ( and that one click may , or may not work as it should .depending on connection , server or whatever)...

Course looks real cause you are looking at  photography all time, don t see any more special realism  than that one. Even with those terrain technology they mention, they failed to make uneven lies (although lies should be always there not only in uneven mode) But presentation of lies seems plain wrong, I think for anyone who felt gravity in life, not only for those who played golf

I seriously doubt in those stories about how much money is needed to realize course in this flash game...but it s just my opinion. Bottom line is that there is evident lack of courses...and I could play those same ones for 3 years..but don t know for how long in future

Well, my answer was due you mention TW game & their option of create courses by own, thats why i comment about how the courses are made here

If you pay attention to my comment ... i wrote: looks real , im not saying they play real, anw ... i think the gameplay in this game its ok, ofcourse with the additive of what everything are designed to be played with payout equip, but that is for another thread & moment

This game not want be a simulator, is just a Golf themed game, if you want play (in PC) to some more close to ''real'' (uneven lies & etc), try Links2003 or The Golf Club2

& no offence, but compare TW with this game have no sense ... TW is probably one of the most ridiculous & arcade saga of Golf games IMO (i prefer play just one course here than 100 in TW)  :)

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:40 PM

Well I agree with all you have said.. I played links 2003 myself for some period of time, and now Im looking at its never version which may be "Perfect Golf" this days...Golf Club 2 is also very nice looking, not sure about gameplay itself

As for the TW08..I can agree that it may looked arcade to you maybe if you tried playing on novice level in some period of time...But if you can play 5 under round on expert level there I ll buy you a new computer :) that thing on expert level with true swing is hard maybe as real golf (not quite but wanted to emphasize)...So be sure that you checked TW08 expert/ true swing before it being ridiculous 

Nik

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 4:44 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    This game not want be a simulator, is just a Golf themed game, if you want play (in PC) to some more close to ''real'' (uneven lies & etc), try Links2003 or The Golf Club2

+1

• PAGES
RSS