Help › Forums

Golf with mrcaddie IRL- Spring 2018

Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:24 PM (120 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 2:08 AM

bigcountry317:

lvietri:
    PSS:  Speaking of blowing ... DocMoose did blow out the candles and ... did NOT spit on the cake.   It was a clean blow job !!!!!

Post of the year right there lmao!

+10000! Still on the floor laughing! It would have been even cleaner if he was wearing his space suit! Might have fogged up the visor mind...! lol

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 3:56 AM

Lol, yuck it up guys ! Just be thankful I couldn't get my hands on some of my boys' shine, or we'd  have had flamethrower charcoal cake with melted plastic golfcart icing .

Doc :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 3:31 PM

OK, let's try this again. Now where was I... toasts, cake, hats...oh yeah...dinner.

So, as I said dinner was great. We were even joined by two special guests via cellphones. MBaggs sent YJ a picture of what I'm sure is the international symbol for- "Wow, I bet you guys are having a blast, wish I was there with you guys", it looked something like this-

Thanks Mike, we wish you were there too. : )

Opy also sent us a picture as we made a toast to Andy-

Thanks Opy, maybe you can join us next trip.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel for a few nightcaps and then hit the sack.

Friday Golf- Oneonta Country Club (or not)

So, Thursday night I get a call from Oneonta CC saying their back nine was under water and probably wouldn't be open on Friday, but they told me of another course nearby called The College Golf Course at Delhi. The College Golf Course at Delhi is a training ground for students enrolled in SUNY (State University of New York) Delhi’s nationally recognized Golf Course Operations, Turf Management, and Professional Golf Management programs.Students learn all facets of the golf industry and put those skills to work at the course as part of their academic training.

Lou had already told me at dinner that he'll play in the rain and he'll play in the cold, but he won't play in the cold rain (neither would I) and the forecast for Friday wasn't looking good...70% rain. Ugh!

The plan was to meet for breakfast at 8:00 and then decide what to do. Well, at 7:00 I got a text from Lou saying he and David were heading back to NJ, the weather just looked miserable.

Erik and I met up with Jim and Doc for breakfast, chatted some more, said our goodbyes and then parted ways.

Erik and I decided we're not at work and we came here to play golf, so we made the drive to the Delhi course. By the time we got there there was just a slight drizzle...so we said "let's do this."

We had the course to ourselves and it was really a beautiful place. Here are a couple of pics-

I think we got through the front nine before the rain started to fall. It wasn't pouring, but it was a good steady rain.

Did we get wet...you bet we did. Did we have fun...yes we did!

Here are a couple of pics for Lou and David-

Conclusion-

Lou and David...as always, great to see you guys again and I look forward to the next trip.

Doc and Jim...thanks so much for taking the time to meet up with us, it really was a pleasure meeting the both of you.

To Conveyorguy, Twinponds and Pmm711...I wish you guys could have joined us...maybe next time.

Now, because the pro-shop at Leatherstocking was closed and I couldn't buy any swag to send out as a gift to someone that has responded to this thread...I have decided to send one of the hats that I made up for this trip (the same hat YJ and I posted pics of). So, on Monday May 7th when I get home from work, I'll pick someone's name (at random) that has posted in this thread and send them a hat.

Speaking of gifts, I was the recipient of two very nice gifts from David when we arrived at Leatherstocking. You see, my real life irons are these old Nicklaus blades, they're called Linear Dynamics N1, they were top of the line back in 1995. David remembered that I used them and I don't know if he had these in his garage or he found them at a yard sale, but he gave me the driver that went with the set and the two iron, which I didn't have and I had just said to Erik on the Tuesday before we played that I really wanted to find one...and low and behold...David presents me with both!

Thanks David!

Well, that's it folks...until the next adventure.

Oh wait! Gotta post a picture of all of us-

(left side front to back) David, eingmund, Yankeejim

(right side front to back) lvietri, mrcaddie, docmoose

MC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:12 PM

mrcaddie:
    he gave me the driver that went with the set and the two iron, which I didn't have and I had just said to Erik on the Tuesday before we played that I really wanted to find one

Great club to have, that 2 iron. Works best in a lightning storm-just hold it up.....Even God can't hit a 2 iron. (Lee Trevino advice.)  :-D

Great recap to a great time, most definitely hope to do it again. 

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:16 PM

By the looks of this you covered all your bases Wayne.

Great get together. A few guys that really get the infinite question...

Then live it, to prove it. 

☢--------------------<*{{{{{-(

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:54 PM

It sounds like y'all had a great time. It's too bad the weather didn't cooperate, but that seems part of Murphy's Law when a special round on the course is planned. 

On a side note...I finally got a proper sized pic of the Andyson ball marker thingy. Hope it's ok to show it here.           R

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 12:06 AM

YankeeJim:
    .Even God can't hit a 2 iron. (Lee Trevino advice.)  :-D

Actually it was a one iron lol,,,,,I like my 2 iron lol

GREAT read and sounded like a great time by all - insanely jealous!

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 7:43 PM

alanti:

YankeeJim:
    .Even God can't hit a 2 iron. (Lee Trevino advice.)  :-D

Actually it was a one iron lol,,,,,I like my 2 iron lol

GREAT read and sounded like a great time by all - insanely jealous!

And he got hit by lightning...Trevino that is....so be careful what u say.....

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 1:01 PM

mrcaddie:

To Conveyorguy, Twinponds and Pmm711...I wish you guys could have joined us...maybe next time

I must say I wish I could have been there this year...and I was 99.9% sure I was going to get there up until the day before when my son called to inform me he couldn't make it due to a business meeting of his that got moved. 

It's definitely worthwhile and fun getting to meet virtual friends as you guys demonstrated.  It appears the dinner, and the antics afterwards, were more fun than the golf (considering the course conditions).  The food looked superb...the Stella even more so!!!!

Now I have to be honest...the playing conditions actually have me happy I stayed home as hitting into this all day...

would have definitely tried my patience...especially since the trip would have set my son back ~$3000.  Yes, he was treating me for my birthday.  Days like this we don't enjoy...been there done that...

So my son and I will be teeing it up next week at Belleair CC in Florida for a belated b-day treat.  If anyone wants to join us please let me know as there is nothing better than 80 degrees and sunshine when teeing it up, and the clubhouse afterwards is "the boobs" (actual term modified to keep from getting put in the penalty box along with CT).

I'm sure I'll tee it up with you guys in the very near future.  Until then...

Paul

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 4:54 PM

Dear WGT ,

Thank you for the ride . 

None of us may or not have been there .

But some how we all were .

Kind of the like of "  End Of Game Chat  "    .

Friend,s get  met on the 1st tee in life .

Some play to score and burn out ,   

Others here In WGT land have found the Squatch  and now in search of the sign on 9 

OPY 

RSS