Forums

Help › Forums

Free Rental Weekend?

Fri, May 15 2020 11:16 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Hannibal58
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 7:46 AM

Developers, don't be cheap and give us the free rental weekend. Free rental weekend should be once every 2 or 3 months, not once a year. Do something for the Community!

Thank You!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 11:40 AM

Hannibal58:

Developers, don't be cheap and give us the free rental weekend. Free rental weekend should be once every 2 or 3 months, not once a year. Do something for the Community!

Thank You!

Actually every 2 or 3 months is just about what we get usually.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:15 PM

Actually, I only remember two from last year: weekends of Masters and PGA. 

Besides, upon leveling up don't they always offer something as a free rental? Or do they not do that for every level? Of course, it's only 2 hours.

Regardless, I would guess that the next free rental weekend will be Masters. I would think it unlikely that they'll do anything before that. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 1:21 AM

Robert1893:
    Regardless, I would guess that the next free rental weekend will be Masters. I would think it unlikely that they'll do anything before that. 

Maybe then, they will put out new clubs for us in the upper levels.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:10 AM

Robert1893:
    Besides, upon leveling up don't they always offer something as a free rental? Or do they not do that for every level? Of course, it's only 2 hours.
    It's one or two items related to the fresh level - maybe not what the player is looking for.

And, in higher level regions, it may be rarer than two per year ;)

• ballisticman
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 4:12 AM

If you get a hole in one playing stroke play ranked round, do you still get a free rental weekend?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:20 AM

@alosso

Fair points, all.

Nevertheless, while free rental weekends are nice, with all of the advice on these boards regarding clubs, players are very well informed on which clubs are better and basically what the clubs are capable of. Players really don't need free rental weekends to be well-informed buyers (IMO). Additionally, those in the US can easily cover any rental costs by earning free credits.

I guess just disagree with the initial premise in the first post. On this point, I don't see WGT being cheap at all simply because they limit free rentals to a couple of times per year.

Any other company that gives away free stuff or samples is typically seen as generous or customer-focused rather than cheap. And the more I think about it, the more baffled I become.... "Don't be cheap... give us free stuff when we want it and more often!" 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:36 AM

Well understood, Robert.

His rant "This company ain't generous!" passed me unnoticed in the first place - self-evident!

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 8:11 AM

Robert1893:

Any other company that gives away free stuff or samples is typically seen as generous or customer-focused rather than cheap. And the more I think about it, the more baffled I become.... "Don't be cheap... give us free stuff when we want it and more often!" 

+1

It amazes me how many people hate on WGT for running their business like a business. I have found them to be very generous. They not only put out a great product, but they allow people to experience it for free if they like. I wonder if McDonald's gave a way free plain burgers to anyone that wanted one, and an occasional Big Mac, how many people would complain they didn't get free Big Mac more often. 

Brett

• PAGES
RSS