Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Distance Myths

Sun, Jul 11 2021 6:19 PM (57 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 9:26 AM

@Mythanatos

Thanks for the clarification and information. I really appreciate it. I've only played about 3 coin games. For whatever reason, it's just never appealed to me

Regards,

Robert 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 5:06 PM

It's not easier to tier up on mobile. well maybe only slightly. since the apparel works in clashes and those rounds count for ranked rounds. if you wanted to burn a ton of passes you could theoretically tier up quicker.

My thought is why would you want to?  I mean i know some people will play red tees exclusively to tier up early but i don't get the point. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 7:50 PM

Mythanatos:

It's not easier to tier up on mobile. well maybe only slightly. since the apparel works in clashes and those rounds count for ranked rounds. if you wanted to burn a ton of passes you could theoretically tier up quicker.

My thought is why would you want to?  I mean i know some people will play red tees exclusively to tier up early but i don't get the point. 

I've tried playing both, I find that playing the game is much easier on mobile.  But you won't catch me complaining about it.  I'm just curious as to y wgt seems to think that implementing the apparel program, and all the other raise up quicker pathways, is such a great idea?  Maybe going to go under, and get as much cash as fast as possible, before shutting it down?  Who knows, but what I do know is they have made it so much easier to both tier, and level up so fast, in just the last year, that tiers are loading up fast with members.  I just started my cc on 11/8 and we have already attained the position of 7th level and quickly going to get level 8. ( 400,000 more points) This in just a little over 2 months, not bragging, just amazed, as to how quickly we are climbing the ladder. No matter what, they have,  for some reason made it alot easier.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:46 PM

I just stumbled across this.  I too find that the sponsor apparel upgrades can make the game almost too easy...  I took a break from playing them for a long time, just got tired of using good balls to play coin matches, winning coins that I could no longer spend for anything other than playing more coin matches and burning up more hits on good balls.

It is a game, it is a game designed to also make money.  I came across this a long time ago but will share it again here...the technology industry has long known and used such tactics in their games  (brain hacking) particularly those designed for the mobile player, but the same approach can also be seen in the desktop PC version.  The fact that so many try to maintain their CDP, and continue to spend credits on better balls, clashes, turf wars, competitions (being able to make HIO far easier than you would in real life can suck you in), shooting absurdly low scores, etc.  all show that their model is working and you will keep coming back.  We continue to "feed the beast" we also lament.  

If we didn't like it, we would stop playing.  The fact that we haven't suggests maybe we should not blame WGT, they are up front with us.  We know they want to make money.  Either adapt or adjust how you play the game so you can do it spending as little as possible or play in an addictive manner spending as much as you like but it seems fruitless to complain.  It is not like this is a secret.  

Yes the game has nuances and flaws, but it has evolved like anything else.   This is just my take on it, others will disagree or agree but I don't think any of this is a real mystery.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 31 2018 3:16 PM

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 10:58 AM

Do the upgrades from head to head play, come into play in other avenues of the game?

• Wackergreen1
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 7:21 AM

Dave33200:

The Srixon Z-Star L11 balls work fine for me. At 180 cr per sleeve its very affordable and has a good durability ratting. 

Also someone here has a excel spreadsheet with all the equipment listed in the pro shop so you can do a better side by side comparison of all the equipment on WGT.

ps... here's a link, it was ScottHope ( thank you Scott).

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/235590.aspx

That is without the best ball money/performance

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2021 12:32 PM

mrshazam:

Do the upgrades from head to head play, come into play in other avenues of the game?

If you are talking about the apparel bonuses, the answer is Yes - depending on what you play.  Apparel bonuses are ON for Clashes and single-player stroke play rounds.  For multi-player games, you have the option to set them either ON or OFF.

• Olive1619
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2021 1:28 PM

In apparel, what does "driving distance +38" mean?

RSS