Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Distance Myths

Sun, Jul 11 2021 6:19 PM (57 replies)
  • Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:04 PM

I know I'm old but what is this apparel gimmick, mobile only I assume.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:07 PM

Baldace:

Yea, magical avatar shirts and such, I'm told you can get 300 yards with your 3 wood off the fairway. Sheeesh! What a pathetic unrealistic game the mobile has become. Carnival city.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:08 PM

I would think that the difference would be that, we that have put the larger amount of rounds in the game, we have earned the right to better equipment for more distance, etc.  Yes no difference in money spent theroy, but not having put the time in, only showed through when he had no aiming and recovery ability.  Therefore what wgt is telling us, is that the more dedicated players, that have played more, and leveled up,  aren't worth having anything better?  No rewards?   "Just show me the money!"

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:16 PM

I understand that irl, anyone can purchase the best equipment available,  not having played one single round.  But can they score with them,  probably not.  But that being said, why do we have to wait til we get to level 95 plus to get the best that they offer?  (Or somewhere in the 90s) if they want to use that theroy  , get rid of what equipment is available, at the different levels. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:21 PM

Luckystar5:
    I would think that the difference would be that, we that have put the larger amount of rounds in the game, we have earned the right to better equipment for more distance, etc.  Yes no difference in money spent theroy, but not having put the time in, only showed through when he had no aiming and recovery ability.  Therefore what wgt is telling us, is that the more dedicated players, that have played more, and leveled up,  aren't worth having anything better?  No rewards?   "Just show me the money!"

Fair enough.

Still, a couple of points worth mentioning. It's only on the mobile platform. And I thought, even there, they are only equipped during coin matches. 

Those  matches don't affect average. And the coins earned through those matches are basically worthless. So, they're really not getting anything out of. To me, this is what they're doing by purchasing apparel:

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:34 PM

You are correct sir, except what the one perk that interacts with pcers, is that mobile plays turf wars, and the way it works is, if you have say, 20 members in your cc, then after 40 cc passes are used, u enter a war. It's solely coin games, and the CC with the most coins after 24 hours wins.  Prizes are of course more coins, plus an addition amount of cc points for your cub.  The biggest is that you get an extra superpass for the clash usage.  Now if your a smaller club you might play 10 or 20 wars in 2 weeks (hypothetically) which amounts to alot of extra superpass usage during the next clash.  Numbers may not be correct, but you get the idea. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:38 PM

In real life, i get more driving distance with a $1 pinnacle gold ball. It won't convince me to change to them from my $7 ProV 1's though. You need the right ball for your all round game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:45 PM

twinponds169:

Baldace:

Yea, magical avatar shirts and such, I'm told you can get 300 yards with your 3 wood off the fairway. Sheeesh! What a pathetic unrealistic game the mobile has become. Carnival city.

You mean what you wear affects the shots??!! 

@Lucky-I'm out, forget what I said, we're  talking 2 different games.  LOL

p.s., I am soooo happy there's no cross-platform play. :-)

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 2:01 PM

YankeeJim:
    You mean what you wear affects the shots??!! 

Indeed, adds extra distance to your clubs.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 2:43 PM

Haha, brings new meaning to the expression "unbutton your top button and take a real swing". :-D

Apologies to Bubba. LOL

RSS