Forums

Help › Forums

Level 200 is the maximum possible

Fri, Apr 5 2024 6:24 AM (35 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,056 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:53 PM

I reached Level 200 on December 31.  Until then, each level had been increasing in small incremental amounts, much like the consecutive days played bonus does.  The last few levels before reaching Level 200 were around 375,000 per level.

I had to look about ten times when I saw what it took to reach Level 201.  It's set at about 2.148 billion xp.  Yes, that is billion (as in 1,000 x a million) for each one.  Plus another 148 million.

I got 30,000 million xp in 2017.  I would have to duplicate that insane effort and do it for over 70 more years to achieve the next level!  I would be about 130 years old, lol!

So I guess the top brass decided to cap the highest level at 200.  See you all there....

~Nancy

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 11:46 PM

Good inf and congrats getting that goal if it was a goal aimed for.  

I doubt I will play as much as you.  I will also not be hitting the XP glitch as hard as some, due to simple lack of interest in it,  and I certainly have no interest in being a Premier Member.  Fair to say L200 is most unlikely for me, and I suspect for many.  

Happy hitting and to each their own every time, in my book:)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 12:15 AM

My compliments, Nancy!

We've discussed the development from March 2017, when you informed me about L187 @27 Million XPs.

Starting with L113 and until L200, the numbers evolve as predicted from mag's numbers into L142: The XP gap between levels grows slowly and steadily, from 250,000 to 380,000.

Methinks that we were all startled by that mammoth number of L201 which you revealed on New Years Eve!

Me, too, thinks that they just want to stop the level progression at that point, as they (almost) did at CC levels 20 and 21. (Georgian might "only" need one year from June '17 to go there)

Links:
    Reference table of individual levels (final)
    Reference table of CC  levels

• Nancy1959
    7,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 12:25 AM

alosso:
    they just want to stop the level progression at that point, as they (almost) did at CC levels 20 and 21. (Georgian might "only" need one year from June '17 to go there)

Yes, at this point in time, we are on track to reach Level 21 as a CC this summer.  I can't wait to see how many billions of xp they place for Level 22!    :)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 12:58 AM

Wow! Level 200!

Actually the same thing happened a few years ago, early in the XP level system, when some players got to something like level 80 (if memory serves), and learned that the next level was billions of points ahead. It just meant that the management had not yet decided on how to structure the XPs required for the higher levels.

• Nancy1959
    7,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 10:32 AM

I wasn't aware of that, Z.  I suppose I hadn't joined this site that early to know of that initially happening at level 80.  but it was more than "a few years ago" as you stated, because I have been on WGT for five years.

I did write member services about it, (because I think it is so ridiculous) but I didn't get an answer that was hopeful that something like you are saying happened many years ago would be true once again.  It was just a standard, "We will pass along your ideas to the development team..." answer, lol!

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 10:44 AM

Well Im on L108 now so only 92 more to go . I guess I may as well get it in gear and start playing again . Not that I`m in any kind of hurry or anything . If I pace myself I should get there in about 3 or 4 more years .

I dont think WGT had plans for long term players . The fore sight that anyone would play this game long term 4+ years . I guess no one told them that golf is a grownups game . Would be nice to see the game in the hands of an owner with long term goals as a business .

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 12:18 PM

+1

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 2:07 PM

@Nancy: Methinks that it doesn't matter if you are in L200 or L201 - no benefits whatsoever. To you and your CC, the XPs apparently matter more.

@Lonnie: To me, it's obvious that long-time players don't matter much to the company.
    They are not a figure of any direct revenue importance:
    They don't change clubs like the low level players do, and there won't be many, because the majority stops after a few days, months or years.

• blitz81
    6,871 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 2:37 PM

Awesome,Nancy..Congrats.!!!

RSS