Sat, Jul 30 2022 5:36 AM (105 replies)
  • rdodge
    95 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 9:33 PM

end of game chat is useless , thats why its not here . send a message

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:06 AM

Email number 6, signed and sent Doc. ; )

June's Email

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:31 AM

Many thanks Scott ! By WGT standards, I'm pretty sure we're only minutes away from getting the most important feature ever restored. I play Alt or Match almost daily and the current situation sucks, to put it mildly. Originally, I said I was going to do this for a year, but, I feel strongly enough about it that my last few keystrokes will probably read " restore end of game chat ! "

Doc :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2018 6:06 AM

Signed, sealed and delivered Doc.

Thanks for the link Scott.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 5:22 AM

rdodge:

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion , for the record, why it is no longer available is because it went missing as a consequence of an update. Myself, and a few others, sincerely believe that the negative effects of the current situation are detrimental to the growth and popularity of this game, which is why we are lobbying for its' return.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 4:29 AM

Support (WGT)

Jun 2, 12:45 PM PDT

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and take the opinions of our players seriously when adding or making changes to our game. I will pass this information to the correct department to review.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

Just a status update on our campaign to have end of game chat restored. 6 months in, an' we have been relegated to a position where all we get is a pro forma reply. To my way of thinking, this is unacceptable, and will be met with a renewed sense of determination to see this through. As with Chambers Bay, defeat has never been an option.

At some point, hopefully, someone in a position to act on this request will realise that restoring this one simple feature  would vastly improve the social aspect of this game, and, once again make it something we could recommend to our friends and acquaintances.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 12:43 PM

drmoose:
    6 months in, an' we have been relegated to a position where all we get is a pro forma reply. To my way of thinking, this is unacceptable, and will be met with a renewed sense of determination to see this through.

Doc,

Why don't we try a second way to reach them at the same time...like asking for the return of the end of game chat on all Top Golf YouTube videos, or someplace like that? Maybe it'll reach someone else's attention and they can get the ball rolling.

Or, maybe we pm every mod that we know every month...can't hurt, could it?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 1:24 PM

mrcaddie:
    Why don't we try a second way to reach them at the same time.

I like the way you think Wayne, simultaneous attacks on multiple fronts ! It is, after all, for their own benefit, even if they still fail to realise it.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 1:42 PM

rdodge:

Apparently my reply to this failed to make it's way through moderation so I'll try to be less blunt.

A question; When you play golf in real life, assuming yo do so, do you leave the last green without saying a word to your fellow players, get in your car, drive home and then send them an email saying how much you enjoyed the game?

I rather hope not. 

Being able to have a bit of a chat at the end of a game is a vital part of the virtual golf experience for me and many others.

Just let us blab away until one of us clicks a button marked "Please STFU" or similar.

Who does it harm?  

How hard can it be?

Please WGT, let us have a chat at the end of the game.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:07 PM
    rdodge:
    Yes it is useless....for you!

You have played 2 games of alt shot, and 3 games of matchplay since you joined......indeed a waste for you.

You have no friends and you own/belong to a CC with no other members.....

Perhaps you play a lot of games of stroke play with randoms......but judging by your attitude, that would be surprising.

As Mainzman said (and oh dear....moderation??????) would you send a message to a playing partner and not shake their hand if you were playing real golf?

The end of game chat used to exist...this is the virtual handshake and small talk about the round......enhance the experience and if idiots like you do not want to, you can leave immediately.

That said.....there is probably a good reason you have no virtual friends......and with that attitude, likely to have no real friends either.

RSS