Forums

Help › Forums

End Of Game Chat

Sat, Jul 30 2022 5:36 AM (105 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 1:39 PM

My fellow WGT'ers, I am about to embark on a mission of Quixotic proportions in an effort to have the " end of game chat " feature restored. While it may simply seem  that I am " tilting @ windmills " , this will be a concerted effort to bring back more of the social aspect of the game. Each month, for the next 12 months, I will be drafting a letter to members@worldgolftour.com, and, hopefully, with the help of the community, we can bring back some of the enjoyment that was lost when this feature was disabled.

I'm also seeking input from the community to keep these lighthearted and humorous, while still conveying the importance to us all in having this feature restored. Please spread the word, perhaps, if the numbers are there, we may be successful. If nothing else, we may have a little fun with this. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Doc :)

I encourage all members to copy, paste, & forward these letters to members@worldgolftour.com

To: members@worldgolftour.com

In a sincere effort to have the "end of game chat " feature restored, we are contacting you to see if this can be accomplished. We feel very strongly that the "end of game chat " was an integral part of the overall WGT experience, and, that in its' absence, our enjoyment of the game has been greatly diminished. 

Recent medical studies also indicate that " end of game chat " can lower blood pressure, boost your immune system, and cure short term memory loss, and cure short term memory loss.

Respectfully,

Your members.

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 2:42 PM

Nice one Doc.

I'll put the email link here if that's okay with you, just in case it does work for some.

Email.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 4:05 PM

I think we should paint it yellow and adopt the Hpurey strategy.  :-)

p.s., Does it really cure short term memory loss twice? I can't remember.  

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 4:31 PM

Please ,, I am still coming down from a Bad Cricket bar high 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:47 AM

Thanks fellers , email corrected Scott. Lol, next month we'll go yellow YJ. I hear " end of game chat " can fix that too , Opy.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:05 AM

End of the match, folks just want a little cuddling, maybe a cigarette.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 9:29 AM

zagraniczniak:
    End of the match, folks just want a little cuddling, maybe a cigarette.

Lol,that's kinda what I'm gettin' at here, what you do with the time at the end of a match is up to.you, but, we need that time restored or you ain't doin' nuthin.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 9:33 AM

drmoose:
    we need that time restored

There might be a snag in your vision. IIRC, the change in the chat function made a huge difference in the meter smoothness and at the time was lauded as game changing for many.

..........This is where Andyson shined brightest-knowing about this stuff.  :-(

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 12:01 PM

YankeeJim:
    There might be a snag in your vision. IIRC, the change in the chat function made a huge difference in the meter smoothness and at the time was lauded as game changing for many.

Wow, i must have missed the memo, lol. I don't recall any of that. the only thing i remember about it was that it was just another glitch that appeared after an update, and, one they apparently couldn't or wouldn't fix, as it was deemed low priority ( no money in it ).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 12:49 PM

drmoose:
    Wow, i must have missed the memo, lol. I don't recall any of that

I def do because I was one of the biggest screamers at the time. Never having had meter problems, I thought it was the same thing-a screw up- but the preponderance of players that had meters smooth out was enough to see it did make a difference. 

RSS