Help › Forums

Private Messaging - Help!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 21 2021 7:01 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 6:49 AM

Can anyone tell me how you can private message someone on WGT please? I have had messages sent to me by owners of other clubs but I can't reply to them for some reason. I was told that you need to be friends with the person that you want to send the message to but I have looked at this and I still can't see any option to message someone.

Thanks

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 10:02 AM

If you are reading a private message then you should have a message box at the bottom of the conversation through which you can respond.

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 11:24 AM

Hi Scott, thanks for this but I already know that if someone sends you a message that you can reply to it as you've shown above. What I'm not sure of is how I would send the initial, new, message. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 11:29 AM

MKALER:
    What I'm not sure of is how I would send the initial, new, message. 

You can only PM people on your friend's list. There's a button at the top of their profile for it. The alternative is to left a message on their wall.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 12:57 PM

MKALER:
    I have had messages sent to me by owners of other clubs but I can't reply to them for some reason.

If you don't speak about wall posts, this may be a clue:

CC owners have but one privilege over "normal" users: They may invite players to their CC. I never did, but it may include the option of a personal message(?)

Just check which kind of messages you received!

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 1:06 PM

That's what I've been told YankeeJim but I can't seem to see any message button. ALL I can see on their profile is their awards, equipment etc. A lot of my members play on mobile so don't check their wall that often. Thanks for trying to help. 

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 4:45 PM

YankeeJim:
    The alternative is to left a message on their wall.

As apposed to "right" one on their wall?

FFS Jim, what happened, still celebrating in NY?  LOL

☢-----------<*{{{{{-(

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 5:33 PM

MKALER:
    initial, new, message

If you are a mobile player, you can't initiate a PM, because WGT still has that in java on the pc/mac platform. You can only respond to one that was sent to you. 

Mobile players can access their messages even if the associated email has been lost.

http://www.wgt.com/user/conversations/default.aspx

as it is the same address for everyone. I've suggested to WGT that they have a button on mobile just for this. 

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 12:30 AM

I do play on mobile but even when I log onto my account via pc, I still can't see an option to initiate a private message, even with people on my friends list. 

A message button on mobile would be great. I doubt they will do that though as it's too useful to players lol. They'd rather add things that make people spend more money. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 5:13 AM

gonfission:

YankeeJim:
    The alternative is to left a message on their wall.

As apposed to "right" one on their wall?

FFS Jim, what happened, still celebrating in NY?  LOL

☢-----------<*{{{{{-(

Haha. That's what happens when the left hand doesn't know what the write hand is doing-right hand is writing and the left one feels leaved out.   :-D

• PAGES
RSS