Forums

Help › Forums

"The Old Duffers Retreat CC"

Sun, Dec 20 2020 9:25 AM (251 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 1:06 PM

Can you feel it?    Come over to The Old Duffers Retreat CC and feel the excitement of the thrill.    

Only if you don't have a Maserati Quattroporte & open road ahead.

Happy driving.

--    just dandy

• WinterHawk1951
    392 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 2:07 PM

Can I be accepted in the group again or am I banned for life?

• TheSoxMan
    122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 12:12 PM

Cograts.

I'm back playing WGT after a long layoff, and I just sent in a memember request for Old Duffers, hopefully I get accepted.

SoxMan

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 11:56 AM

I found myself at The Old Duffers Retreat

We've been around a long time.   Lots of tournaments to climb the leaderboard.   

Free to join!   So, do drop in.

Joe        PR Director

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 3:12 PM
  • viticult
    34 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 9:41 AM

I was a member of ODR before Covid-19 hit...i was unable to play for a few months, similar to SoxMan, a long layoff.  i somehow got removed from the club, without warning or any emails, does anyone know why?   Can I re-join?

-Viticult

• WinterHawk1951
    392 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 11:53 AM
    I think maybe you should have kept in touch with a director and had let them know you weren’t going to be able to compete for a time, otherwise they do take it serious when people can’t play. It’s like a mortal sin. Do yourself a favor and check out another club, one that will allow you to have fun and not have to be married to it......just my two cents worth.
    That's basically why they wont let me back in. Some of the clubs out here want you to do nothing but play all the clashes you can so that some day, but not soon, they will be competitive and don't forget to use that CC pass every day, or you're gone. Too much seriousness for me 
    . I'm here to play and have fun.....
  • WinterHawk1951
    392 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 1:52 PM

In fact if you want check out this list here as to which clubs are on it.............

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/442123/4317986.aspx#4317986

• fyrdog9
    1,521 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 3:48 PM

Viticult, I remember you very well.  The ODR has always been a friendly club.  We don't require you to play in clashes.  The only requirements that I know of (and I'm sure other members will let me know if I miss any) are that you adhere to the rules for setting tournaments, and you stay active!  Active in our club is about once a day.  If you're going to go a stretch without being able to play for a specific reason, just let the Owner know, and he'll keep you on.  If you can't message the Owner, message a Director, or at the very least, post something in the club forum.  If you aren't able to before the fact, send a message after the fact; our Owner and Directors have always been very receptive.

As a Director, I'd love to have you send a message to the new Owner (ronniebjannamon took over from Salty this summer) asking to be reinstated!  If you need assistance, I and the other Directors are here for you.

fyrdog9

Director, Special Tournaments

The Old Duffers Retreat

<EDIT> After posting this, I saw you have rejoined, viticult, so disregard!  And, welcome back!!

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:07 PM

Viticult.....    Invite sent.    The soxman returned with us a couple of weeks ago.    Sorry, the club must have been unaware of your illness.   Glad to see you doing a lot better.

Birdman...   Money back guaranteed.

Joe   PR Director

RSS