Forums

Help › Forums

"The Old Duffers Retreat CC"

Sun, Dec 20 2020 9:25 AM (251 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:55 AM

I would like to publicly thank the silent majority of our members in The Old Duffers Retreat CC for their regular contributions.   Our silent majority are those that have other priorities but find the old duffers retreat as their place of relaxation from the real world. 

They are not obligated to set up tournaments, post in the forum, buy all the best equipment or join in live talk.  Our silent majority is the corner stone and foundation of a great club.

I hope you members continue to have enjoyment with a club that is happy to have all of you.   Thank you very much.

Joe - director @ TODRCC

• fyrdog9
    1,521 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:17 AM

Open for any Old Duffer who wishes to participate is the "ODR-FedEX Cup" weekly tournament.

It somewhat mirrors the current FedEX Cup tour, where you get points weekly for every tournament you compete in.  Points are accumulated for the year, and, come August, we set up the three playoff weeks, culminating in the top 30 competing the final week for the ODR-FedEX Cup championship!

Each four-round tournament lasts for eight days, ending on the Sunday of the final round of the actual PGA tour stop that week.  Majors, the TPC, and WGC events are awarded bonus scoring, just like the pros.  

Conditions are difficult, and it's single-submission, but, as the saying goes, "points is points" and just completing the tournament gets you some (heck, completing just one round gets you one point!!).

It's open only to members of the Old Duffers Retreat.  If you'd like to play, come on in and join!!  And, when you do, seek me out and add me to your friends list! I will give you the link to the standings and ODR-FedEX Cup page that lives in the cloud!

Fyr

** Plus, join, and get a personalized badge like mine above!! Except for the fire dog, of course!! **

• Tomr789
    796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:16 AM

I belonged to another club for years and thought that it was a good one.  Boy was I wrong!  Several things transpired in the old club, and it was bad.  

I decided to make a move and was told of this club.  A couple of members from the old bad club informed me of this one and fortunately the accepted me into their fold. 

I cannot say enough good things about this club.  They have the FedEX cup tour that I really enjoy, (even though I am not able to win one event, yet) and so many other tourneys that I cannot play in all of them.  I tried when I first made the move but I couldn't.

All in all if you are looking for a great club with solid leaders, this is the place to be!

Thank you again for having me,

Tom

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:41 AM

There must be a good reason why members who left The Old Duffers Retreat and then returned.    I don't need to ask them why because I know why I'm here.    Saltyoldtar, founder and still owner, for more than seven years, has the experience to maintain a respectful environment.

You and your friends are invited to join our family of friends.    Were growing stronger together.

Joe   --  director @ TODR

• rasscal1
    118 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 2:49 PM

ive done more than ever did on my own. would not be where iam without this great club and its members..i thank you all....

• bg444out
    345 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 3:16 PM

We live in a world full of Fantasy and Ours here in the Old Duffers Retreat, is Fantasy Golf.

Bring your Game  and join Our Club. We are heading for Level 21 and with that comes plenty of Perks. The ODR welcomes you.

bg444out AKA BILL.

• Titulescu
    244 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 6:40 AM

I have been a member for about 9 months now and I love it.

Great support for new members, and an vast reservoir of experience to tap into for advise.

Active forum, and lots of participation from the membership .

Whatever level, I can highly recommend The Old Duffers Retreat.

titulescu (Dave)

• dewmac54
    81 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:25 AM

I am interested in joining your club. to be up front I"m not available to sit down play for hours in the clash. this was the issue in my past club. I"M interested in a club that holds many club tournaments. no Im not saying I won"t clash but will not spend hours on it at once. Legend 67.83 level 95. If  this sounds like A club I may enjoy I play daily. Thanks in advance 

Dewmac54

• nolongerlonger
    2,813 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 11:40 AM

Come on in as the water is fine.  No pressure for playing in the clash; but participation is appreciated.  Just must be an active member.  Just send a MM to saltyoldtar and request membership. If currently in a Country Club you must quit that Country Club first.   Look forward to welcoming you to The Old Duffers Retreat.

nolongerlonger / David

ODR Club Director

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 1:51 PM

dewmac54....   That's us at TODR.    Friend invite sent.

RSS