Forums

Help › Forums

This is a VIDEO GAME!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 5 2022 2:48 PM (28 replies)
  • LVKid
    42 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 6:30 AM

I was in a conversation about a situation I see all the time I've been playing WGT: Chipping with a wedge on the green.

I will.as always be honest and true to my word with this club as I am with everything. I play WGT and I also play REAL golf. I would never use a wedge on any green situation with my real game BUT, this is a VIDEO GAME...

I WILL use a wedge on the green when I feel necessary and as I see fit with MY Own game play. It IS legal with WGT and just one more tool to use and play with in this VIDEO GAME.

I WONT use my wedge on greens with any type of tourney, match, or stroke play competition game play. This is my own personal decision though and will play MY game as I see fit.

Overview...I play this game to have fun and share in this experence with all as long as it remains fun..I will use, at my discretion, my wedge on any green where my game play warrants.

Not meant to offend here, just being real straight away with all friends and fellow players. With that said...if this is a problem with you then SUCK IT...

My Resolve...this is a fun VIDEO GAME, get over it! jus sayin!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 2:51 PM

LVKid:
    Chipping with a wedge on the green

Can't do it. Pitch or full shot.

LVKid:
    I would never use a wedge on any green situation with my real game BUT, this is a VIDEO GAME..

Don't be a gamer. Play like you know how to play golf.

LVKid:
    I WILL use a wedge on the green when I feel necessary and as I see fit with MY Own game play

See above.

Should you choose to reamain with your gamer attitude, you lose the rant right.  :-)

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:08 PM

People who cant putt do this

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:08 PM

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:46 PM

Hi

LVKid:

I will use, at my discretion, my wedge on any green where my game play warrants.

I was called a peasant once for doing that! Not being a real life golfer I think some of the finer points may have escaped me. Since then I've switched to my 3 wood.

Big Bertha 24yd putt

Cheers!

Rich

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 6:04 PM

Of course is a video game, one who provide (once you pass for the shop) that fake balls, & then the players have the chance to NEVER miss a swing (slow meter), fake distances, irrealistic spin (like glue), certain ammount of PRESICION in putters..this one is really a joke, so who worries about this game & compare this with real one..is a dumb (with all my respects)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 1:02 AM

Always amazes me why people get upset with someone playing within the rules.  IRL Phil can and has used a wedge on the green.  IRL we would soon be told to hop it pretty quick if we did it, but here the green is as good as new.

I don't use the wedge as prefer to putt and I am in some awkward places sometimes:)  Someone else wants to fine. 

I think I have more chance of being consistently closer by putting but who cares.

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 1:59 AM

LVKid:
    It IS legal with WGT

FYI...It's legal in RL golf too..

http://www.pga.com/golf-instruction/lesson-learned/short-game/when-its-ok-use-your-wedge-green

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 2:20 AM
    It was only 2 weeks ago on the real course i used a wedge on the green twice in 2 holes . We had a sudden downpour and the 17th & 18th green at my local club were a bit on the wet side. Both times i chipped up to a foot and holed the putts. I then stood back and watched my playing partners 4 & 5 putt through the water. I quite often putt from off the green too. Any club anywhere.
  • craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 4:25 AM

As long as it goes in .

RSS