Help › Forums

Unfair advantage

Mon, Aug 9 2021 5:43 AM (31 replies)
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2021 2:05 AM

DodgyPutter:

AnaNikolaj:
    Bwahahaha, only just seen this. True, but saving 85 - 90 credits over 18 holes makes the wait less painful... ;-) 

Sorry, my turn to miss a post for ages. 

A more serious point, that must make gaining credits in brackets very difficult.

Take the100c 18 hole.  First round -190, second -280, semi -82, finish second +404 and win +980.  So using fairly expensive balls only the finalists gain, I see why you play free balls when you can.  Better on the 9 hole and 200c of course but maybe tougher opponents.

Those are actually prizes for the 200 cr ones, so even the finalist in the 100 cr 18 holer actually loses a few cr in the end (432 cr prize at a cca 440cr cost, lol). That's why I almost never entered those, unless there was a par 3 course in the mix and I never used anything better than L33 Callies there.

The trick to bracket success is to play consistent on all courses and to play a lot and "smart". I always choose the ball according to my opponent's score and what I feel comfortable with. Managed to do quite well that way, especially since December. When you asked me ages ago, if only CC bracket scores were visible, I said yes, cause I never thought of checking the "my tournaments" tab as a flash player, lol. Only discovered that when Cabo and Whistler got added and that was the only way to get to your tournaments. Turned out to be quite an eye opener, lol. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2021 5:43 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Those are actually prizes for the 200 cr ones, so even the finalist in the 100 cr 18 holer actually loses a few cr in the end (432 cr prize at a cca 440cr cost, lol). That's why I almost never entered those, unless there was a par 3 course in the mix and I never used anything better than L33 Callies there.

Oops, I suppose paying out 2,880c with 1,600c entry fees was unlikely :-(.  So only the winner gains overall and getting to the semi "costs" 226c.

I'm sure you will have found the best way to gain from these but also part of that is winning fairly often, that would be the tricky bit for most of us :-)  

As wgt take a lot less from bracket (10%) entry fees than they do from rg's it should be possible to win and, as you also said, you only have to beat four people not forty nine.  The insurance is  better (100c entry then the top 10 don't lose) and ball use less in rg's though.

RSS