Forums

Help › Forums

Unfair advantage

Mon, Aug 9 2021 5:43 AM (31 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2021 1:37 PM

This is quite old , and interesting . For those of you that haven't figured out that the only " unfair advantage " .The answer is very simple . WGT forgot to tell the Mobile World about the WGT Universe WGT.com and WGT.com/forums. That there was an already established protocol for tiering up , upgrading equipment , lowering ones average , collecting and improving statistics , etc .

SIMON SAYS

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 6:04 AM

The key is playing those Ranked Rounds . Play them religiously . Play them like there is no tomorrow . Play them like they're going out of style . Play them like your life depends on it .

Once you attain saturation at each tier . All rounds with a score higher than your average . Automatically get discarded . THEY DO NOT COUNT . Once you are saturated .

But during the climb in each tier to saturation . Rounds completed higher than your average . Will raise your average . That's the way it works .

That is why the Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play tiered format was introduced .

pdb1:

Completing Games

Game completion is only recorded in multiplayer rounds ( including match play and alt shot ) . Period .

Single player rounds are designed with a restart option available , also an end game with no consequence option . That is the whole idea of the single player round with the restart option is to play as many times as you like , restarting before the end of the 9th or18th holes , with out affecting your average or game completion in a negative way  (aside from completing with a bad score )( essentially not  hypothetically you can or could play until you better your last score and only that score will count ) .

Also another reason WGT leaves you green while playing these so you may have the option of exiting at any time . If for instance you were to get an invite . You accept the invite with no negative consequence whatsoever . It may be the only opportunity to play that player . Seriously you will likely never even see them again . Green .

The exception to this is single play rounds . which do forfeit the match . And of course if you do not complete .  You wasted a pass . I was only commenting on the raising the average by not resuming a single player match . Which is not correct .

Now mister " never leave a game " Another very popular format here at WGT is the multiplayer stroke play matches . In these matches game completion is absolutely counted . As is not completed games . And a very big deal for a lot of people . And not so much for the bigger majority of players as there isn't any moral reason or legal reason to worry about it .

In fact . WGT already knows this and has made it an option in the game by providing the forfeit button . It is part of the game . It is a game . There are actually millions of legitimate reasons to exit a game , whether it be personal , medical , domestic , occupational , psychological  , comical , legal , spousal , fatherial , motherial , child related , irrational , unsportical , embarrassment , fear , even no reason at all . Are all legitimate and viable reasons to exit a game . happens all the time every minute of everyday . No reason to give it another thought . It is OK .

I don't mean to repeat myself but . I'm just sayin .

More commonly ( for many , many WGTers ) . In all other types of matches unlimited play single player ( NOT SINGLE PLAY ) very big difference . In the menu WGT provides an option called restart . This option is available in all WGT and CC unlimited play single player rounds .

Since game completion is not and never has and never will be a concern in these matches simply not in the format . This restart option means that at any time during that round 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th , 6th , 7th  hole, etc , etc you can click that restart button . Restart your round and then play a couple holes click restart again and again and again as many times as you want until you get the score you like .Or just exit or quit or leave the game with no consequences .

The round you finish will be the only round counted or recorded even if you restarted 100 times . The ranked round that you finish with will be the only one counted . No change in your average unless it is lower than your average . Of course if you are saturated nothing will happen if it is over your average .

This is why CC's are so good for honing your skills , lowering your average , moving up in tiers . You can control and minimize your unfavorable scores ( with out playing off the red tees ) . Just restart until you get the score you want . Lol blows you away what I am saying if you didn't know this or never thought of it that way . There is no forfeit or WD in these games and are what a majority of members spend their time in .

In the CC version of Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play tiered format . One can change the variables and conditions of the tiered tournament . In the WGT versions . They remain the same default round every time .

• BOZskills
    277 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 7:29 AM

@stevey,if you play in the coin rooms(which is what i think you're referring to),then play in casablanca,rio,shanghai,or tokyo. I believe these are all played from master tees and your opponent plays from the same tees,regardless of teir. Gl.

• Robbo81303
    342 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 8:46 AM

I'm not sure who "SIMON" is but he's not entirely correct.  I have played more than 2000 ranked rounds as Champion with a current avg of 55.51 and have yet to be promoted.  Just saying.....

• TopShelf2010
    10,366 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 10:13 AM

Robbo81303:

I'm not sure who "SIMON" is but he's not entirely correct.  I have played more than 2000 ranked rounds as Champion with a current avg of 55.51 and have yet to be promoted.  Just saying.....

Average requirement is 55 or less unless I am mistaken.

Don

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:23 PM

TopShelf2010:

Robbo81303:

Average requirement is 55 or less unless I am mistaken.

Don

This is what I have . I revised it last year .

BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS, AND SATURATION

You need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack to saturate & be eligible for  Amateur.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.

You need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur to saturate & be eligible for Pro.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro..

You need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro to saturate & be eligible for Tour Pro.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to Tour Pro.

You need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro to saturate & be eligible for Master.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master.

You need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master to saturate & be eligible for Tour Master.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master.

You need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master to saturate & be eligible for Legend.

When your average score is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend.

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend to  to saturate & be eligible for Tour Legend. 

When your average score is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend.

You need to play at least 750 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to to saturate & be eligible for Champion .

When your average score is equal or smaller than 59 you go from Tour Legend to Champion .

You need to play another 1000 ranked rounds as a Champion to saturate .

When your average score is equal to or smaller than 55 you are eligible to go from Champion to Tour Champion .

You need to jump through 10,000 hoops before you receive an exclusive personal invitation before reaching Tour Champion.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:40 PM

Berrima:

Playing someone who out drives me by 100 yards and can stop the ball on a dime is totally contrary to the fundamental principles of golf, which uses a handicap system to allow fair play amongst players of all abilities.

Then you have a longer approach shot . You start playing CTTH's . You learn to " stop on a dime " .And hit with precision .

Then you put the ball right next to the hole just like the other guy .

• Robbo81303
    342 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 9:41 AM

pdb1:

You need to play another 1000 ranked rounds as a Champion to saturate .

When your average score is equal to or smaller than 57 you are eligible to go from Champion to Tour Champion .

Again, this is clearly incorrect.  I believe Don's statement is accurate as others I know have upgraded to TC once their average drops below 55

• Yiannis1970
    2,517 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 9:56 AM

55 is the correct number.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 1:32 PM

Robbo81303:

Well you would think you would know better than anyone .

Has something changed ?

WGTShamWow wrote the following post at Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:34 AM:

WGTShamWow:
    -Tour Champion is an invite only tier after Champion and will require quite a lot of playing to get to.

You may be right about the average being 55 rather than 57 . But one wouldn't know that with out an invitation .

RSS