Forums

Help › Forums

credit card scam

Wed, Sep 4 2019 11:52 AM (30 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:27 AM

Everyone makes his own decisions. I for myself am an older man without much internet knowledge. So i use my credit card in a restaurant or a super market to pay my bills, but not into the internet. There are other possibilities. If I need credits here I use my mobile for example. That´s no big deal, it works for me. I like to live comfortable, calm and safe. No need for needles risks. But that counts just for me. Newmodern things are good for younger people. I will stay at what I am and know.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:28 AM

I use a prepaid card for the internet. I use my regular card for shopping and restaurants. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 6:33 AM

If you're handing the credit card to your server, you're at least as vulnerable to credit card fraud as you are on the internet. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 7:46 PM

I have never given WGT a credit card number. Likewise, I have never given WSOP a credit card number. And neither has my phone numbers. Yet both my phones ring a lot with numbers I do not recognize. Do I answer these unknown numbers? No way. I wait to see if a message is left.

The same is true of emails that arrive at several of my in boxes. I, too,  use a throw away box. I don't open most of the mail I get at any time simply because there are so many scary things out there. Real safety in this world today is to be like Jack Reacher: off the grid. 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 6:59 AM

Create/Use PayPal to avoid any problems and its free

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 7:33 AM

A little off subject here but reading this thread brought to mind things I've noticed happening the last few months regarding privacy.

I will give one example and hope someone smarter than myself can give an explanation because this scares the hell out of me.

A couple weeks back I was talking on the phone with a co-worker about returning a piece of rented equipment back to Sunbelt rentals. This was a 10 minute conversation. There were no texts or emails. Not a written word. Just a 10 minute phone conversation. About an hour later I was looking something up on my phone and boom! Sunbelt rental ads kept bombarding me!!

Wtf???

• MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 8:42 AM

i have stopped my payment for some weeks ago. Idont like the answers from wgt anymore.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 2:38 PM

Tony, Alexa listens.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 4:01 PM

Sounds like "some" folks are finally figuring out what Google/Apple/Facebook are up to LOL...but "hey", listen to them and do whatever they say LOL...I'll admit, it is fun!

WGT can say what they want, but I had a Mastercard that I got from Sears years and years before it was hacked.....

It only had a $200 limit so I used it here, AND only here!

I hadn't even used it here for years when it ended up being hacked, someone got my card info, and this was the only place to get it! The only place!!!!

I was "told" someone must have stolen my credit info, but my question is, "WHY" did they only use this card with the $200 limit? I have 4 cards with huge credit limits and like 10 total, why not them? Why didn't they buy something of value? They certainly could have.....why did they only use the 1 card I "never" use.....

The reason is because it was the only one they had, and got it from the only place they could have....

Now I am a fan of WGT, I usually side with them because I understand the way it works, but the credit card thing is what it is!!!!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 4:13 PM

HackWilson1930:

And neither has my phone numbers. Yet both my phones ring a lot with numbers I do not recognize. Do I answer these unknown numbers?

I have/had that same problem....

One of my Cordless phones was  acting up so I bought new ones which is the best thing I ever did....

These "new" phones automatically bock computer generated calls, and unwanted sales calls at the push of a button! I went from 20 a day or so to 0, maybe 2 a day until I block them....

RSS