Forums

Help › Forums

2011 U.S. Womens Open

Mon, Aug 8 2011 4:44 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AllSkill
    122 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 9:14 PM

Hello just wondering if anyone plans on attending.  It is being held in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  I live about 40 miles south in Pueblo, CO.  I might head up for the round on Saturday.  Maybe we can meet up and have some beers and watch some hot ladies golf:)

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:34 AM

Not a huge fan of women't golf.  Don't watch it on TV and definitely wouldn't travel to see them play.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:45 AM

Right.........take the 1st ranked woman on the tour and put her against any of the Nationwide players and they will take her to school.

Women's golf is fine but if you try to compare it against the men you are out of your mind.  The greatest woman player of all, Annika Sorenstein was overjoyed to almost make the cut at the men's event at Colonial a few years ago.  The men's tees since then are much longer and the women players just can't adapt to the green speed.

Not saying the women golfers don't have skill, I"m sure that they could school me on a regular basis but when you see the men play at another level, it just isn't the same.  I have attended 3 women's tournaments in the past and probably 25 men's so I have seen it first hand.

In 2014 (I believe) the mens and womens USGA Open will be held at Pinehurst in back to back weeks, although the green speed and tees won't be the same you will see the difference there.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 3:32 PM

shoop:

You need to change your ways.      Some of the ladies are way better, than the guys.     Wake up and smell the turf!

You'll never change arrogance  nor chauvinism even if the facts were literally placed in their lap. See watch , I'll show ya'....I'll start with just a few examples. Beginning with the hairy chested stat 1'st.  AKA "The no-brainer"

Driving Distance: J.B. Holmes  318.3 - Bubba Watson 313.1 - Robert Garrigus - 310.5

Driving Accuracy : David Toms 74.41% - Brian Gay 73.79% - Joe Durant 73.76

G.I.R. % : David Toms 71.86% - Bubba Watson 71.83% - Heath Slocum 71.26%

Sand saves : Brian Gay 65.52% - Jason Day 64.21% - K.J.Choi 63.95%

Birdies per round :  Steve Stricker  4.53

Driving distance :Stephani Kim 278.5 - Brittany Lincicome 272.9 - Teresa Lu 272.8

Driving accuracy : Michelle Ellis 85.70% - Christine Song 85% - Paola Mareno 84.5%

G.I.R% : Paula Creamer 75.70% - Yani Tseng 75% - Suzann Pettersen 72.70%

Sand Saves : Sarah Lee 88.90% - Mini Haragae 71.00% - Michelle Ellis 68.77%

Birdies per round : Yani Tseng  4.81

The above through July 17 , 2011

Chauvinism : 1 : excessive or blind patriotism — compare jingoism

: undue partiality or attachment to a group or place to which one belongs or has belonged
    : an attitude of superiority toward members of the opposite sex; also : behavior expressive of such an attitude
    Arrogance : : an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions
    an exaggerated sense of one's importance that shows itself in the making of excessive or unjustified claims
    Tarheels , in ending,  you originally stated you would not travel nor see them ,  then came back and said you had saw them on several occasions ,  but ,  thats also typical.....nevermind.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:12 PM

Came back from fishin'

Looks like you catched a whopper right there Ace.

Go gurl!

Lizzie xx

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:43 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Right.........take the 1st ranked woman on the tour and put her against any of the Nationwide players and they will take her to school.
    I was originally going to let this slide , but , I won't... "The Nationwide?"   Tarheels do you understand how foolish you made yourself sound here ?  You need to compare the Nationwide with the Duramed Futures tour , NOT the LPGA. You need to get yourself educated on the world of golf and whats going on it. You speak of the Legend Annika ? Yes Legend , BUT , your talking of a man's Tiger Woods dream world time period that occured a decade ago. New breed , and a wicked breed coming out of Duramed. And don't even talk to me about conditions...there were several fairways at the Women's Open  12 yards wide.....12 ,  are you getting it yet ?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:53 PM

a

TheAceFactor:

Driving Distance: J.B. Holmes  318.3 - Bubba Watson 313.1 - Robert Garrigus - 310.5

Driving Accuracy : David Toms 74.41% - Brian Gay 73.79% - Joe Durant 73.76

G.I.R. % : David Toms 71.86% - Bubba Watson 71.83% - Heath Slocum 71.26%

Sand saves : Brian Gay 65.52% - Jason Day 64.21% - K.J.Choi 63.95%

Birdies per round :  Steve Stricker  4.53

Driving distance :Stephani Kim 278.5 - Brittany Lincicome 272.9 - Teresa Lu 272.8

Driving accuracy : Michelle Ellis 85.70% - Christine Song 85% - Paola Mareno 84.5%

G.I.R% : Paula Creamer 75.70% - Yani Tseng 75% - Suzann Pettersen 72.70%

Sand Saves : Sarah Lee 88.90% - Mini Haragae 71.00% - Michelle Ellis 68.77%

Birdies per round : Yani Tseng  4.81

The above through July 17 , 2011

Although not chauvinistic, what are you actually comparing?  Apples to oranges?   This would be like comparing a TMs stats to a Legends.    

If it was the same why is there not more women trying to compete in the PGA.     If the stats you posted were on same field, then there would only be one tour.    

I love to watch all golf, but ace my dear you are dead wrong

Blind

1. unable to see; lacking the sense of sight; sightless: a blindman.

2. unwilling or unable to perceive or understand

Confirmation bias 

(also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true.[Note 1][1] As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively, and interpret it in a biased way. The biases appear in particular for emotionally significant issues and for established beliefs

Cheers,

b0gey

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 7:31 PM

Seems to me that one of the most important stats was left out whether intentionally or not: Scoring Avg.        S. Stricker 69.23 -  N. Watney 69.43  - L. Donald 69.48                                                                    Y. Tseng   69.67-  C. Kerr       70.44  -  I.K. Kim    70.48                                       

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 4:52 AM

b0geybuster:
    As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively,
    LMAO ,    Bias ?   I simply took the top 3 listed  at pga . com  and the top 3 listed at lpga . com  Do you think I just came up with this from "selective memory"   lmao , I would ask you if you are serious , but , I know in your mind....you are.   Hypothesis ???  I almost didn't see that.......  OMG  lmao

Shoop , I told you babe...you cannot get rid of  arrogance nor chauvinism. The only thing missing in both definitions is the fact that becoming blind is also a serious side effect.

This edit will be my final words in this thread...knew where it would go before I began. Anyway , it's kinda' like what I like to call "The 4 wedge posse" here at WGT. Although most of them stat wise can't back up what they sell , it's their right , choice , and none of my business. Only when someone from the posse tells a new WGT member that certain clubs (regardless of which club) are , and I quote "Useless" does it become an outright ignorant statement in need of reply. The same degree of ignorance is also displayed when someone says that the very best that the LPGA has to offer cannot compete with someone from the Nationwide tour. It's not only ignorant ...it's very ignorant , which is what I replied to in the 1'st place.

• PAGES
RSS