Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:11 PM

Decent game against Peter. We had some good eagle winds, but 16 birdies and a safe par from him was too good for my 4 pars and a lonely eagle, so I lost 2&1. Pleased to have hit more dings than I have been the rest of this week, so maybe my game is coming back slowly. Peter had pretty close shots on all the prize holes if he wants to submit.

Thanks again to the organisers for all their hard work, and thanks to the Trannies for a lot of close games in the final.

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:18 PM

fmagnets:

Decent game against Peter. We had some good eagle winds, but 16 birdies and a safe par from him was too good for my 4 pars and a lonely eagle, so I lost 2&1. Pleased to have hit more dings than I have been the rest of this week, so maybe my game is coming back slowly. Peter had pretty close shots on all the prize holes if he wants to submit.

Thanks again to the organisers for all their hard work, and thanks to the Trannies for a lot of close games in the final.

thanks for match mags...we both left some shots/putts out there wasnt to bad tho.

thanks to all that help out and run this great tournament enjoy every min of it...and looking forward to next one.... also a big congrats to Wodeen tee they were to strong for us this time!

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:42 PM

f i can see two matches left,are they going to be played captains or are they done.

will do the presentation when they are both done ok ,4 days left

finny

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:50 PM

PAULFINN52:

f i can see two matches left,are they going to be played captains or are they done.

will do the presentation tuesday as im out all tomorrow playing golf lol

finny

Think does two matches were played today finny... Sin won and loiger won 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:53 PM

thx pete so 1 match left in the plate which is being played wed  so will do my closing speech with the trophies thursday,wouldnt be fair to both players to do it before

finny

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 3:02 PM

Congrats to Wooden Tee on being world champs.  That's a repeat correct? 

Huge shout out to Finny and everyone else who helped out along the way.  Just a great tourney all 'round.

Looking forward to next year already!

cheers all!

brad

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:45 PM

PAULFINN52:

thx pete so 1 match left in the plate which is being played wed  so will do my closing speech with the trophies thursday,wouldnt be fair to both players to do it before

finny

Finny,

Yes, I am playing my Plate match vs. Mick (mikki13).  It is scheduled for Wednesday (for me...Thursday for him), but, I'll ask him if he wants to move it up so you can close up shop for the year.

And thank you for all of your organization in these Cup & Plate tourneys.  You doubled what you would normally do this year.  Wow...that's crazy in so many ways...you need a clone.  GREAT JOB!!!!  Thank you!

Congrats to everyone who participated as this was a really fun tourney and all the effort put forth by all made it a great view from the gallery.

And SPECIAL CONGRATS to my Wooden Tee CC teammates...it was an awesome run for all of us!!!!!  What a fun ride!!!!!!

Paul

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 11:32 PM

cant believe with all these great players in the final there is only 1 claim to a spot prize and thats 11ft away,

looks like they will be riding on the last game then,all these players have to do is hit the greens to win

Final
    30th august to 13th september
    St Andrews links Stevereilly 1 Sleeve Hole 8
    Stevereilly 1 Sleeve Hole11
    The Golden Shot Carlosdev 10 sleeves Hole 12 ujjbnjk 11ft
  • FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:18 AM

Congrats to WoodenTee on a great world cup win

It's been a fantastic tourney for everyone at Transgressional , so many thanks to Finny & his guys at SEL for running a superb tournament.. been a lot of fun

Foo

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:32 AM
    Well done to everyone involved and to Finny and all the organisers on another great CC World Cup. And of course a massive well done to my teams. The Wooden Tee's on retaining your title and to the Wooden Bee's on claiming the Plate. I couldn't be prouder of what you all achieve in this game. Looking forward to next year. I'm sure it's going to be even tougher to win it a 3rd time with everyone else gunning for us.
RSS