Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 3:20 AM

Plate - Mbcarp99 defeated Oldblitz

Kim was a great guy to play a round with, his putter was cold on the front but warmed up nicely on the b9, unfortunately for Kim the holes just ran out for him

Thanks to the organisers for a great competition and good luck to everyone still to play

• ScottyPearson
    194 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 5:48 AM

Plate Final

Sco1967 beat Scottypearson 4&3

Cheers for the game Scott, well played mate.

Thanks to everyone involved in running the World Cup, I've really enjoyed playing in it, especially being part of a great team led by Waz.

Im definitely a better player because of it and practiced like crazy after getting my butt kicked by NALO early in the comp.

Cheers and thanks to all my opponents for the company and the games, it's been a buzz.

Scott

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 7:57 AM

Plate-Scott 1967 beat ScottyPearson 4 up.

Scott reported that it was a much tighter match than the scoreline made it look and some good putts made the difference.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 4:10 AM

WC Plate Final

AAA vs The Wooden Bees

Tiewaz  vs Keplere

Keplere wins 1 up on the 1st extra hole.

THE BEES WIN THE PLATE 

Thankyou so much for a great battle Pablo!

I'd like to also thank Alan & his team for a great Finals round played in the best of spirits!

A huge thanks to PAUL FINN & HIS CREW OF MERRY MEN for a most excellent World Cup adventure!

To all of the Club Captains that I've communicated with along the way, thanks again for all of your work in getting our matches completed ladies & gents!

As this is our 1st entry into the World Cup,I am totally proud of our efforts & we are already looking forwards to getting amongst it all with you again in 2019!

Thanks a million everyone!

Cheers, 

Waz. 

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 4:59 AM

Absolutely two great Championship Final's there!

Congratulation's to The Tee's and Bee's, and super efforts by AAA and Transgressional, 

well done everyone, and Super job Finny and Crew!

• Loiger
    173 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:31 AM
    09 Sep
    Loiger defeated Vaibhav5viv in a 18 hole match play game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE.
    Even though the final is decided already, we still played our match today.
    I beat Vaib 4 up.

• ozysouthpaw
    2,831 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:54 AM

Tiewaz:
    THE BEES WIN THE PLATE 

Congratulations to Alan (Dodgyputter) and the WoodenBees team on your win in the Plate final.

With 6 out of the 8 matches going the distance or beyond it was tight but you got us in the end .... this time! 

As owner of Aussie Aussie Aussie I am very proud of what we have achieved in our first World Cup.

On behalf of the rest of the Team I would like to thank our Captain Tiewaz for his fantastic effort, commitment and leadership throughout the whole event.

I would also like to thank Finny and his team of helpers for their hard work in putting on this tournament.

I know I thoroughly enjoyed it and along with the rest of our team we are looking forward to next year already.

Cheers.

Mike.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 7:17 AM

Thanks Waz, it really was a close match and pretty much all the games could have gone either way.  Your game was typical  There were only good things reported in our forum about playing the games with you guys.

Your team have been great during their first try at this and I hope we meet up again sometime.  All the best to you, Mike and all at your CC.

I know it was only between 17th down but for me personally the competitive games in the plate were good fun, much more so than being a second team up against the best of Aphrodite, Trannies and Kona in our first three group games.

Thanks to Finny NZ etc for all their hard work and help during this.

Congratulations Tees, even although with the closeness of all the matches it could easily have been a tight final, it really was a stunning win.

I would suggest a play off against the WC winners and best team on wgt but they already bottled it when we both missed game 3 ;-(

Thanks again Finny, and very well done getting through this with only six holidays :-))

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:22 AM

congrats to Wooden Tee CC ...very impressive winning both the Cup & Plate...it was quite the marathon with lots of hills and valleys along the way

Thanks for all the work you put into this comp Finny...was a large chore no doubt

Bob

• frenchconnect
    830 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:25 AM

Sinisavrc1 wins 3 up over frenchconnect  in a 18 hole match play game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE. It was a tight match for a while, but I couldn't capitalize on any opportunities, and Sin was able to pull away on the back 9 with a well deserved victory. Job well done my friend. Thanks Finny for a great tournament! :) - Jon

RSS