Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • jockyoche
    180 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 7:53 AM

hello Paul , I would like to confirm that the Scottish Bravehearts will be fielding two teams , names to confirmed  closer to the date, jockyoche   (Paul)

• SweetBritches
    155 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 7:28 PM

Hey Paul, The VMFG club would love a few spots in this. Good stuff!  Keep me updated on what I need to do for my club on this.  

• Lawntimbo
    339 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 9:05 PM

Finn, is there anyway you can keep out some of the wannabees posting here? I have played with some of them and they have no game. They chip on greens and do anything they can to compete with the real players. If so Tigers Best Pros might be interested. Let us know and I can definitley put a team together.

Lawntimbo

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2017 1:22 PM

Hey lawnn

I don't know Who you mean by Wannabees but any teams who enters on here will have chance  to take part in my world cup,if they are Wannabees then they will find out very quickly it Won't wash with the bigger teams,I have seen players take a full shot on the greens and as much as I don't like it ,it's not in my power to stop,

Hope that answers your question

All the best 

Finny

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:37 AM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the invite.  Kona All Stars II will field one (1) team and possibly two (2) if enough members sign up.  I'll forward our roster once we get it nailed down.

Looking forward to some fun competition.

Lar

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:52 PM

just an update on the formats

they are player v player  \

had a team drop out because they are mostly mobile,cross platforms cant play each other,be aware before putting your name down

finny

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:57 PM

There's something you can dream up to keep you busy--World Cup Mobile only.  :-)

• gregcuk
    406 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 4:10 PM

Just confirming Paul that the Georgians will be fielding 2 teams.

Cheers,

Greg

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 10:25 PM

The  world cup  2020

hey all

Firstly sorry about the delay for the quarter finals but we had a situation which had to be sorted before we could carry on with next round.

In the last round it was found that a player from SPL was playing on the PCEA version. The player has forfeited his match by doing so  and that leaves the score at 15-12 for the Rhinos who will go through to the quarter finals.

We would like to thank all the teams for their patience while we investigated and I would like to thank SPL & TBR for their co-operation and openness.

we will come down hard on any players using this version in any match. this is the last year of flash, we have all played on this for so many years so please respect it for one last time.

Now let’s move on with the last 8 of the world cup

Unfortunately we have to say goodbye to fourteen teams, thank you all for taking part and hope to see you again next year on the new version hopefully.

To the teams who have made it through well done and it doesn’t get any easier believe me lol

Right here we go

Quarter-finals

6th June – 20th June

18 Holes  Match play

Oakmont Country Club

Im so glad wgt brought this course back even though I deleted all my yardages lol,a great match play course with some of the most toughest greens I on wgt.a few holes can be tamed but beware bogeys are not common on this course. Great match play course.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win including sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Once a match been played the result will stand,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp. 

Players please when posting results, I would like teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Ctth holes and prizes

quarter-final
    6th June to 20th June
    Oakmont
    HOLE 6 AMISZO 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 9 CHARLIEH100 1 SLEEVE 2ND SHOT ON THE GREEN
    HOLE 13 F1DGET 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 16 AMIZSO 1 SLEEVE

gl all

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2017 12:31 AM

G'day Mr Finn,

Is it possible to reserve a space for 1 team from "Aussie Aussie Aussie" please mate?

Cheers, Ta, Thanks,

Waz.

RSS