Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 2:35 AM

Tiewaz:

THE PLATE FINAL

The AAA's vs's The BEE's

Tie 8 - Triple000 vs RusselFahey

Another "Battle Royale"

triple000:
    Pleased to report we have another notch in our Belt.After being 3 down @ 14th due mainly to a 6am start the Coffee finally kicked in all sq. on 18 ..shared Birds as usual but got him on 2nd Xtra .............go AAA's Trip.

A win for the Aussies! 

It's now  2 - 2....

Cheers,

Waz.

I played my match against Trip,and although i got my nose in front,it was a wtf shot by me on the 17th that cost me after a dinged shot went at least 6yrds off line and landed at least 8 yrds short catching the slope knocking me into the fescue.We ended up going to extras,where i had 2 brain farts on the 2nd extra giving Trip the win.

I still enjoyed the match and it was played in a friendly relaxed way and most importantly at a good pace :)

Although i do think Trip was on something stronger than coffee,reading his match report :)

Good luck all those left to play.

Russell

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 11:21 AM

Final Wooden Tees vs. Transgressional

birchi beats tanapard 3&2

Great match, we both struggled a bit on the front 9 (29 to 30), but played a really nice back nine where an eagle on 10 and a birdie on 16 gave me the edge while everything else was birdied by both. 

Thanks for the very friendly and fast paced match, tana!

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 2:13 PM

Wooden Tee (Duffputt) wins in Extra time against farfoo from Transgressionel.

Exciting match.

Farfoo holes out for eagle on no 1 from 24 and from around 150Y on no13. Duff holes 80Y on no 7.

Duff squares match with 221Y to under 2 feet on no 17 and wins on 2nd extra hole.

Some good golf from both players.

Thx for the match Gordon.

Duffputt

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 2:20 PM

Didnt see the Cup finals being over so quick. Well done to Wooden Tees on their victory.

• aichapman
    1,335 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 5:28 PM

Plate Final the "Tees" vs the "As"     Kersh1976 vs Aichapman 2 up

aichapman just got up in a seesawing match that was played in the right spirit which was greatly appreciated by myself and I hope kersh (Dave) as well.

I was 3 up after 7 then we had a bit of a game glitch but got back in the swing of things with Dave starting to get hot and by the time we reached the par 5 where Dave sunk a great eagle putt, we were back to all square.

Then bang.......next hole Dave 1 up which luckily I returned the favor on the following hole which then became the 17th all square and me somehow fluking a pitch in to go 1 up again with 1 to play which I birdied and I'm sure David would have also but I failed to give him the putt due to typing a message in the chat box, so although the score reads 2 up it was really 1 and an awesome game of virtual golf was over.

Thanks to all those who have put this tournament together and to all the teams that we had the pleasure to play.

Our match is currently 3-2 to the Aussies with the Final result any ones guess.

An absolute nail biter with 4 games to complete it

Cheers and good luck to all from Alan

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 4:47 AM

duffputt:

Wooden Tee (Duffputt) wins in Extra time against farfoo from Transgressionel.

Exciting match.

Farfoo holes out for eagle on no 1 from 24 and from around 150Y on no13. Duff holes 80Y on no 7.

Duff squares match with 221Y to under 2 feet on no 17 and wins on 2nd extra hole.

Some good golf from both players.

Thx for the match Gordon.

Duffputt

Yeah well played Mikkel

Great game to watch I guess

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 8:27 AM

well done wooden tee again,lets get the matches finished please and still the plate to be decided

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 1:37 PM

Shouldn't have played when the stupid clashes are on...the whole game was a joke. TG won on the third extra hole. Well done, nice game.

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 1:38 PM

I won my match against Yiannis 1 Up on the 3rd hole in overtime.

It was a tough match. He is truly a great player and gentleman.

We both experienced strange results from our shots due to the clashes going on.

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 3:23 PM

aichapman:

Plate Final the "Tees" vs the "As"     Kersh1976 vs Aichapman 2 up

aichapman just got up in a seesawing match that was played in the right spirit which was greatly appreciated by myself and I hope kersh (Dave) as well.

I was 3 up after 7 then we had a bit of a game glitch but got back in the swing of things with Dave starting to get hot and by the time we reached the par 5 where Dave sunk a great eagle putt, we were back to all square.

Then bang.......next hole Dave 1 up which luckily I returned the favor on the following hole which then became the 17th all square and me somehow fluking a pitch in to go 1 up again with 1 to play which I birdied and I'm sure David would have also but I failed to give him the putt due to typing a message in the chat box, so although the score reads 2 up it was really 1 and an awesome game of virtual golf was over.

Thanks to all those who have put this tournament together and to all the teams that we had the pleasure to play.

Our match is currently 3-2 to the Aussies with the Final result any ones guess.

An absolute nail biter with 4 games to complete it

Cheers and good luck to all from Alan

Cheers Alan, it was a great match to be involved in but I think you deserved the victory.

Thanks for being so accommodating regarding the time we played and for helping me sort out the mess I made when only setting up 9 holes.

It was great meeting such a nice guy and hopefully, we can play again sometime.

All the best to those left to play. 

RSS