Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 3:24 AM

Plate semi final.

Kersh1976  beat OLDMXR

Thanks for the game Bob.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 12:40 AM

Sorry just realised this hadn't been posted, so for the record:

• pmm711 defeated RCall1 in a 18 hole match play game on CHAMBERS BAY.

It sounds like Rob was very generous with restarts and the highlight was Pauls HIO on the 3rd.

Thanks very much to The Georgian and Doc in particular for getting all the games played and the good company during them.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 12:54 AM

Get teams over to paul please captains so the final can start on time will sort out ctth winners on my return Sunday 

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:38 AM

Here is a post from finny:

The  world cup of golf 2018

Hello all

WELL THIS IS THE FINAL OF THE CUP/PLATE

We started with 35 teams that’s 420 players and we are down to the last 9 players from each team,

THE CUP

We have say goodbye to Outkasts A and Venus I hope you enjoyed the experience and some matches were really close but the Bandits and Wooden Tee were just too strong, what a final this is, the  elite battling against each other head to head in match play can’t wait,

THE PLATE

What a valiant effort from the Spartans to reach the semi-final but the Aussies were better on the day but not a lot between them as the results show, thanks  topper and the Spartans for carrying the SEL flag through to the semis,
    The Georgian have had also had their chances but they have lost out to a strong side, the Bees march on to the final joining their sister team the Tees in the cup.

Sadly I’m away as this is final is starting but hope to catch up on any live games on my return,

Right onto the golf

The Cup and the Plate

The  Final

St Andrews
    18 holes Match play

This is my favorite course on wgt because I have played it for real and can appreciate the course layout and the reality of it even down to the famous road hole bunker on 17,a truly great matchplay course and always windy, I see some matches going down to the wire on this course even sudden death,1 bad shot or 1 missed putt could be the difference.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win or loss even in sudden death,

If it goes to sudden death no handicaps will apply,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied, I can’t see there being any problems with this

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any player with a - 2 must  concede  holes 5  and 14

I would suggest a 90sec shot time with 7 timeouts but players can go for less if both agree if one doesn’t then 90secs no arguments,
    No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification
    Players please post results so we can update the results page,
    Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for the  Final  and sponsors

Final
    30th august to 13th september
    St Andrews links
    Stevereilly
    1 Sleeve
    Hole 8
    Stevereilly
    1 Sleeve
    Hole11
    The Golden Shot
    Carlosdev
    10 sleeves
    Hole 12

There is a separate thread for all ctth challengers, do not post on this forum or we may miss it,
    Make sure you have a photo shot or the back up of your opponent will do,
    Stu(spino1) or i will contact the sponsors after the round has finished,

We all know how important it is to get matches played and please play all matches even if you have lost the match, it’s all about making new friends
    For the last time this year have fun and enjoy it all

finny

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:41 AM

Just waiting on FarFoo for the finals line up... the other 3 are in.

Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 9:30 AM

All line ups in (thanks Gordon) and the Cup and  Plate match ups are done.... Start your engines gentleman for the finals start tomorrow... Good luck all

Remember if your going to twitch please let us know in here...

Cheers,

DotBot

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 1:15 PM

Just saw line ups some cracking matchups gl all players do this world cup proud and as dot said get these live matches posted. Finny

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 7:21 PM

Best of Luck to all 4 of you great Squads! Well done to the Organizers, top notch work here!

• LuisCraveiro
    749 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 1:56 PM

WC Final!

After a very poor game from both sides, I managed to win 1up on the 18th.

I do not doubt any of us could do much better but that's the way the game is. Playing well or badly, I imagined it would be a very tight match because we all have a deep knowledge of St. Andrews and that would be decided by details.

Thanks Michel for the very relaxed atmosphere and the match played in a fluid pace.

Cheers

LC

• bigacker
    163 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 2:38 PM

World Cup Plate Final

410 Bigacker beats 491 Kindred416    1up

Cheers Alan

RSS