Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • FarFoo
    2,913 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 3:52 PM

Well played Graeme also.
    I guess that was a pitch on 18 which didn't get over ridge ?
    I'd have played same shot there & wgt would have got me also.. very very unlucky

Foo

• ttuna1234
    525 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 4:09 PM

Group 2  Round 7 Match 2

#156  ttuna1234   v  #320  ODea      DRAW

Villains of SEL          S Bravehearts Fore Screamers

Just had a great round with Owen. Lots of back and forth in the round and a lot of laughs to boot. Super guy and a fine player. We both had our ups and downs with a draw being a fitting result. The highlight of the round was when Owen hit a beauty on number 9—very nearly a HIO. Big fun and looking forward to catching another round with my new friend.

• Dstylie
    774 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 7:15 PM

Dstylie wins 2up over Timborb

East coast vs Aussie Aussie Aussie.

Great game Tim, you are an awesome competitor! 

• timborb
    1,241 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 7:21 PM

Dstylie:
    Dstylie wins 2up over Timborb

Great game Doug, well played and very nice to meet you.

Cheers, Tim

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 9:25 AM

Group 2, Match 3, Tie#8

Carolina Sandhills v Cosa Nostra Goodfellas

JMH1 (Sandhills) v Bigknight (goodfellas)

Jack got things off to an explosive start by holing out for eagle on 1 from about 105 yards, a most impressive shot.

Unfortunately after that his putter was ice cold....I can't tell you the last time I've seen so many putts just clip or burn the edges.

In the end I was able to win 7 & 6, and score for the Goodfellas.

Jack played very much within the spirit of the matches, and we had a good conversation while making our way around. I wish him and the rest of the Sandhillers good luck.

Bigknight def JMH1 7 & 6

• BirdieLady9
    2,454 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 10:02 AM

Group 2 - Round 7 - Match 1 - Tie # 8

BidrieLady9 vs Gasmoker1

Had a nice stroll over the Turtlebacks with Wendall . A very nice gentleman and good player . I got up 3 early....but he came roaring back to tie on 14 . Got lucky on 15 to go 1 up....then hit a pretty good shot on 17 to close it out . BirdieLady9 wins 2 up . 

Was a pleasure to meet you Wendall....good luck to you and your team the rest of the way !

Patti :)

• Justripit1
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 10:39 AM

Round 7 Group 2 match# 4 Justripit1 VS Myla4

Myla was an amazing person and honestly the result wasn't as important as making a new friend half way around the world.  The way things should be. Had a blast getting to know you and hope to play again soon.

Justripit1 3 up over Myla4

Kat

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 11:55 AM

Group 3, Round7, Match1, Tie3

Pipala (SEL) vs Leesteven02 (Maccas)

Just finished an enjoyable spin with Lee and managed to notch a win up for The Diablos. It's fair to say things didn't go Lee's way tonight, some tough bounces and roll offs combined with putts that didn't drop.

I remember a few years back when I first dipped my toe into the water in this tournament as a legend and was drawn against one of the giants, Geof (BigKnight). I took a pounding but it was one of the most enjoyable MP games I had played, Geof messaged me after the match and said it's difficult to stay classy when things aren't going your way but you stayed classy until the end.

Those words have kind of stuck with me and I have to say Lee my friend I found myself saying the same to you tonight. You are a class act and a real credit to the Amigos, Brian would have been proud, my very best wishes to you and the team going forward and thank you for the game

Pipala def LeeStevens02  7 & 6

(Spooky lol)

• GolferDadRB
    1,079 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:09 PM

Group 4, Round 7, Match 1

GolferDad vs Javito     GolferDad wins 3&2

Javi took an early lead and was 1 Up at the turn.  He was hitting some terrific shots that just weren't there for him on the back 9.  It was a lot closer than the score would indicate.  I only wish my Spanish was better.

Thanks for the game, Javi.

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 5:39 PM

Group 2, Round 7, Match 1

JohnHancock (402) beat Lekit2000 (168) - 2 up on the 18th

A very nice and very close match which went to the final hole.  Thanks for playing Jess :)

RSS