Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 2:48 PM

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, with Paulton's blessing, I have turned the 2017 Andyson Memorial medallion (the one that Slicedpepper posted on all our walls) into a real stainless steel golf ball marker.

As much as I would have liked to send one to everyone that completed the first two rounds of stroke play...it would have been a little pricey. So I decided to buy a limited number of them (50) (I was sent 51 of them and I'm going to hang on to one of them) and randomly select players that completed the first two rounds and send them out as a little memento of this years event.

First, there are a few players that are deserving of one- darek2...mystry78...Paulton & his helpers...bery111...Ducati916...Slicedpepper...TWOMINUSONE...Shedite & WigerToods2010.

Here are the players that were selected at random-

Young46, PSUTOM, K7JBQ, Mbaggese, conveyorguy, Fuzzygaz, MainzMan, Qputts, Overtheedge, drmoose, hpurey, Bowl64, Leggoman13, gonefission, Romax, alanti, Kissmydivot, Cuber, Scotthope, opyeuclid, Oneeyedjohn, frappefort, txzdave, lonniescott711, Yankeejim, VEM9000, AussieMick11, Bigknight, Bogeyplus, RoggRR, okwestly, Miokontic, RonCarr, bluey403, MMills785, Jimbog1964, kavvz, twinponds169 & Butchbay.

So, for anyone on this list that lives in the UK, bery111 will be sending you a friend invite and you need to touch base with him as he will be sending you your ball marker and you need to send him your address.

For anyone in Australia or New Zealand, Alanti will be sending you yours. Please accept his invite and work out the details.

I'll be taking care of the U.S. and the ROTW, so if your name is on this list and you receive an invite from me...please answer it, as I need your address to send you your gift.

DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO IN THIS THREAD, OR ON OUR WALLS, WAIT TO HEAR FROM BERY111, ALANTI OR MYSELF PRIVATELY

Lastly, I would like the last ball marker to find it's way to Dennis' family. I am asking for anyone's help to remember if there is a player that has contact with his family and who could help me get this marker into their hands. Please send me a pm if you know how to help, don't post on my wall.

With all that said, I know I forgot things to say and will post any updates in this thread as they become clear...stay tuned.

MC
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 3:07 PM
    Wayne, This is just too cool ! What a wonderful tribute and reminder of our departed friend. A truly fitting memento that almost has me at a loss for words ( don't you all wish, lol ).Sincerely though, a standing ovation to you for keeping the community spirit alive. Doc:)
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 3:15 PM
    I'm loving these tears I can't hold back and I am not joking. With a smile on my face. ~txzdave~
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 4:24 PM
    Really is very nice............Well played guys.
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 4:46 PM
    Very nice gesture indeed mrcaddie. I see I was lucky enough to get picked as a recipient and I am very grateful for that. I am already designing an oak "shadow box" with an led light to proudly display it in memory of Andyson. (I love building one of a kind things) Thank you so much. Romax.
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:16 PM
    Wayne you are another one of a kind. Words can't explain. Wonderful tribute to a one in many millions individual. Rich
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:24 PM
    renniw52:
    Wayne you are another one of a kind. Words can't explain. Wonderful tribute to a one in many millions individual. Rich
    +1

well said

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:26 PM
    That is just beyond awesome, Wayne! A wonderful gesture that is so fitting to an event that has been above and beyond from the get go last year. This community certainly has someone grinning from ear to ear and beaming with pride from above! TP
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 5:48 PM
    Ditto that. Thanks, Wayne. I just sent you a friend invitation. Wonderful gesture and very much appreciated. Thanks, Bill
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 12:54 AM
    You guys are marvellous with the stuff you do. : )
RSS