Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:29 PM
    Heck of a gesture Wayne. I'd like you to find one that may have been Dennis's closer friends, you know, someone that really should deserve it. I sincerely appreciate being chosen, but feel your efforts should go to a more deserving player. Cheers. Mike
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2017 1:23 AM
    Current location of the Memorial Markers headed to the UK...just to whet Paul's appetite!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2017 5:34 AM
    More specifically, they're right inside this envelope, which will begin it's trip at lunchtime today.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2017 3:41 PM
    An honor sir, and as I said in the pm....quite humbled indeed. I'll spend some time this weekend doing some research, and see if we can't get more info on getting a marker to his family, if nobody has found out how yet.... Maybe thru his charity English Springer Spaniel Rescue ???
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:22 AM
    I believe Bart Simpson is in charge of quality control on the markers! LMAO Current location (feels like a Santa tracker!):

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 7:49 AM

I have been watching the Andyson Memorial from time to time. The designer, & promoters deserve accolades, for setting the bar to such heights. From all the entrants, to the simple well-wishers of the event, it will be a Herculean task to outperform this event.

Just when one thinks the pinnacle has been reached, Silently, nobility steps in.

It is nobility, that forms the granite foundation, which benevolence, stands unwavering upon.

One need only open a dictionary, to find Mr. Caddie’s name, synonymous with benevolence.

Those that know Wayne, know reverence, & have no need for a dictionary. His giving, and promotion of kindness, keep him on an unwavering path towards everlasting rewards.

All this is done, for the benefit of others, with no regard of self-adulation.

Andyson marker aside, Wayne has left his mark on society itself. After all is said, & done, a man is judged by his deeds, not his actions.

I hope, one day, to escalate to ½ of Mr. Caddies contributions, in & outside this game.

Thank you Wayne, for the constant reminder, of societies ability to show benevolence, for nothing more, than the sake of it, itself.

☢----------------------

Joe

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 7:55 AM
    Well said Joe...well said indeed.
  • gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:23 AM

Thanks Conveyorguy.

I don't know your name.

Two things I need to clear up.

My FISH won't post!!!

IDK why.

I just received a message from Wayne. I had no idea I was to be a recipient of one of these markers. I did not read any of the recipients names, until today, after Wayne's message.

I am truly humbled by this act, dare I say "speechless" ?

That MIGHT be, a bit far fetched. Honored I am for sure.

This is spooky, as I lost my old one, two weekends ago. Halloween is indeed afoot.

My humblest thanks, to all, for the opportunity, to help keep the spirit of Dennis alive, and well appreciated.

🎃

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:28 AM
    Denny and I chatted on here often, and, although I know the area of Phoenix he lived in, I never knew his actual address....Now I'm about 95% sure I have Dennis/widow's address...but, I want to verify and am trying to make contact with her. If anyone has already done so, please let me know as I don't want to bombard her with strangers contacting her ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Duc
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:35 AM
    Great job Ducati...
RSS