Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • 48Starfish
    80 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:17 AM

i noticed in latest clash Gulfs did not play...anyone know the reasons ?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 8:02 PM
    Lots and lots of people spoke about boycotting the clashs! Not sure if that was the case, or alot of players just getting fed up with the garbage. Courses that are extremely hard to score on, wind speeds of hurricane forces, the pairing of clubs, etc. Some clubs with only 70, playing against one with 250. Yep all of that has been complained about in past threads. Someone actually stated that participation is down in excess of 40%. It's not unconceivable that clubs didn't play, with all the complaints being posted in this forum.
  • 48Starfish
    80 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 8:25 PM

Hi luckystar..yes totally agree..just don’t know how a club gets compliance to this from all members....in my club it’s all optional.some clash some turf ..some pure coins..whatever you enjoy...as long as there is active participation..what else can you expect...like herdin cats..

regards Star

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:21 PM
    Luckystar5:
    Someone actually stated that participation is down in excess of 40%
    "Someone" is clearly full of it! All one has to do to see this is look at the point totals. While the scores of the "top" clubs has been fairly stagnant, that certainly isn't the case farther down the list. A score that would've cracked the top 50 twenty clashes ago wouldn't even yield a top 100 result in the latest one. I'm not endorsing the clash in any way, just sayin'.......
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 6:24 AM
    I'm not a numbers guru, I was just repeating what somebody else had stated. ( see clash no. 58 in forum). I'm not a numbers guru, but I do know of at least 20 of my friends that refuse to play the clashs anymore. Therefore the numbers are down, some. That translates into lost revenue for wgt. Those 20 or so, may or may not make a difference to wgt, but overall I believe that many more are in the same boat. Just maybe I'm right due to the introduction of the newest programs, premiere membership, sponsership, etc. These are new ways of increasing profits, with very little advantages to us as players here. All in all, somethings amiss!
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 7:33 AM
    I think that clash wise red tees, low winds, stimp 8 @ Beth F9 would be more in keeping with the spirit of the auction.
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 9:12 AM
    Jimbog1964:
    I think that clash wise , carnival barkers, circus clowns, & frontal lobotomies @ Beth F9 would be more in keeping with the spirit of the auction.
    FTFY, jimbo :) Doc :)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 5:30 AM
    Jimbog1964:
    I think that clash wise red tees, low winds, stimp 8 @ Beth F9 would be more in keeping with the spirit of the auction.
    They wont do it Jim. They want you to lose golf balls and buy more.
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 6:47 AM
    DonCaron:
    Jimbog1964:
    They wont do it Jim. They want you to lose golf balls and buy more.
    LOL.............Apart from a couple of known real risk holes, and only really if you take that risk, balls should get lost very very very seldom............Some do seem to complain about chewing through them though. Lord alone I guess knows what they must be smoking.
  • Rossembo
    948 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 3:22 PM

They are number 1 CC in the mobile version Turf Wars so are concentrating all their efforts

on this, i think so don't Clash now.

The majority of their players don't play on PC.

Ross

RSS