Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links v Georgian

Tue, Nov 7 2017 2:57 PM (40 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 12:43 PM
    amateur4sure:
    Well just about got my game in with Shanks181 (John) Long story short I`m 7 up on 11th we play our first shots and then he Forfeits and saying Everybody is Home now.. Wow really... Thanks for the erm Fun game ... Not to put to fine a point on it but the Guy is still showing as green! Not good... Anyway chalk another one up for the good Guys, Go SEL
    Sorry Chris but im in pleats here,that sums it up too me,should get all your games played before Thursday as there may be a clash on then,lol
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 1:20 PM
    It has been a challenge in itself organising this one which unfortunately has been fraught with problems. I'm extremely disappointed to read that Chris as I know you sacrificed something yourself to get the match played. A lot of work goes into organising these friendlies and for someone to show that little respect is totally unacceptable to me, not happy.
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 2:08 PM
    Pip as you know bro I will bend over backwards for you and we all appreciate everything you have done to get this organized and the countless issues you have had to deal with.... Think Paul hit nail on the head there, Hell Was it a Clash day lol Laugh all we want gang and Sorry Bill, I did not know it was that bad, I must have misread the post.... That is simply shocking to say the least... Hate posting things like this in main forum, Hell hate posting things like this period but there has been some not so nice behavior going on and I for one am not entertaining this chit anymore... Pip has worked hard getting this organized and it should be a load of fun and a pleasure to play for your CC..... Hell those Golden Putters must put some of you lot on another Realm or at least your very own Mini Beanstalk..... Gutted that this has been so hard to get done and more gutted over some of what i am reading... Shameful Guys.... Hell I would have personally gifted the 37c worth of a pass just to complete my game and I`m skint.... If I had been playing Mags, Young, Joe or any of the top players I would give anything to keep it going another hole and push as much as I could to see where I could draw comparison and that is in TiddlyWinks never mind Golf but in my game I should have realized how it was going to go after I put my Tee to within 3ft on 3rd at Merion and not a mutter or a compliment, You think you would get that from our Top folk on the circuit, Not a chance, Humility is such a great part of this game..! Glad it`s over please bring on the Top Guys next and I`ll bring the 37 Credits lads but only if you are nice lol Rant over Folks, Have a great day all
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 2:10 PM
    Oh PS... WGT Any chance of fixing this issue so we can actually write in Sentences rather than Days?? Thank you
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 2:10 PM
    Borat74:
    amateur4sure:
    Well just about got my game in with Shanks181 (John) Long story short I`m 7 up on 11th we play our first shots and then he Forfeits and saying Everybody is Home now.. Wow really... Thanks for the erm Fun game ... Not to put to fine a point on it but the Guy is still showing as green! Not good... Anyway chalk another one up for the good Guys, Go SEL
    Sorry Chris but im in pleats here,that sums it up too me,should get all your games played before Thursday as there may be a clash on then,lol
    Which Golden Boot lol
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 1:26 AM
    I fully understand the frustration of some of our players, we've had a few of these in every CC vs. CC match, but not as many as in this one. I guess some people are just too scared to leave the shallow end of the pool. ....................................... But I feel I need to chime with my experience. I actually had the same frustrations in our last inter CC match against Aphrodite (I was one of the very few though), when my opponent failed to show up at our agreed time, then went into silent mode for 2 weeks, not answering any messages and ignoring my every invite, when she was green........................... Ross (rossembo) on the other hand was completely different, we comminicated very well and we were able to arrange our match with ease. Even when something came up and he couldn't keep our 1st appointment, he informed me well in advance and we rescheduled immediately.................................The match itself was a tale of 2 halves, Ross, had a mare on the front, so I was 5 up at the turn. but he had a monster back 9, played -7 over the 8 holes we played on the back. Good thing I birdied #17 for a half and a 2&1 win, otherwise it could've been a nervy final hole. Some really great play from tee to green on the back, it was a shame his putter was stone cold on the front. I've always said, that gold putters are useless for everyone, who putts off ding, cause you can't get a good line with that much forgiveness.............................. Anyway, Ross was a sportsman, a gentleman and a credit to the game and it was a pleasure meeting him.
  • subsignal
    34 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 10:34 AM
    SusignaL(Klaus) vs FCKikao (Francisco) Klaus wins 6 up Thank you very much Francisco.What a great guy you are. When you have such a great Company then doesn't matter if you win or lose mate. You're a great sportsman and Gentleman .That's the Spirit of the game to do this. Thank you very much for this game- hope to see you on court again cheers Klaus
  • FCKikao
    996 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 10:46 AM
    Hi all! Another match in, Klaus played really well like a champion, I was 3 DN after 3 Holes and 5 DN in the turn... my gameplay was bad (even round through13th) didn´t had a chance to discuss the game with Klaus who made some great putts and birdies... Subsignal def Fckikao 6&4 Great play Klaus, thanks very much, take care! Francisco
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 4:13 AM
    Klaus / Francisco good game there Lads, That`s what it is all about, Having a bit of fun and meeting new people.. Well done.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2017 1:56 PM
    Game has ended........thanks to those that did play but far too many of our oppos either quit during game or just refused to return messages to get game played in first place........we have never been in a game quite like this.....cheers to Pip for all your work mate.........have a lie down mate .......SEL WON 77 V 17.
RSS