Wed, Sep 23 2009 3:59 AM (3 replies)
  • GooberHead
    4 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 6:54 AM

Presidents Cup 2009

* Kiawah Island*

* Not Sponsored by WGT*

* Pros Only*

Guidelines: Players will be selected by in order to make the competition fair and very competitive. Players will also be selected by their place of birth. This is the USA vs. the Rest of the World excluding Europe. Each player will correspond with a real life player that will compete in the 2009 Presidents Cup. In other words, since Australia has 3 players is real life, they (Australia) will have three players in this. Captains are the lone exception to this rule. Any master from the US can be captain and any master from the rest of the world (excluding Europe) can be the captain of their team. Please sign-up as soon as possible if you would like to participate. When signing up, please list your city, state, and country of birth as well as your average.

Format: Matchplay on All

Day 1: 6 matches of foursomes. The duo that wins the most holes, wins the match. 18 holes.

(October 8th- October 12th)

Day 2: 6 matches of alternate hole. All four play the hole, but players must alternate the scores with one another. 18 holes.

(October 13th- October 17th)

Day 3: 5 matches of foursomes. The duo that wins the most holes, wins the match. 18 holes.

(October 18th- October 22nd)

Day 4: 12 single matches. Still matchplay. 18 holes.

(October 23rd- October 26th)

All matches are worth one point. If a match is tied after 18 holes, the point is halved. 17.5 points are needed to win. In case of a tie, the master captains will play-off against one another. Captains are also responsible for pairing their teams and motivating players. Good luck to all.

Team USA (members must live in same state as corresponding player)

Fred Couples (Seattle, Washington)- Master Captain (will not play unless teams are tied)

Tiger Woods (Cypress, California)-

Phil Mickelson (San Diego, California)-

Steve Stricker (Edgerton, Wisconsin)-

Kenny Perry (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)-

Zach Johnson (Iowa City, Iowa)-

Stewart Cink (Huntsville, Alabama)-

Sean O'Hair (Lubbock, Texas)-

Jim Furyk (West Chester, Pennsylvania)-

Anthony Kim (Los Angeles, California)-

Justin Leonard (Dallas, Texas)-

Lucas Glover (Greenville, South Carolina)-

Hunter Mahan (Orange, California)-

Team International (members must live in same country as corresponding player)

Greg Norman (Australia)- Master Captain (will not play unless teams are tied)

Geoff Ogilvy (Australia)-

Vijay Singh (Fiji)-

Camilo Villegas (Colombia)-

Retief Goosen (South Africa)-

Ernie Els (South Africa)-

Angel Cabrera (Argentina)-

Mike Weir (Canada)-

Robert Allenby (Australia)-

Y.E. Yang (South Korea)-

Tim Clark (South Africa)-

Ryo Isikawa (Japan)-

Adam Scott (Australia)-

Even if you don't qualify, I would really enjoy your help.  Please send any people that you know meet the criteria.  I will also be contacting people about it.  If it comes down to our not being able to find someone from Fiji to play, then we will go with someone from another Pacific Island.  We shouldn't have trouble finding people from the other countries.  Thanks for your help.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 8:06 AM

Um excuse me? EdChavez and I are already planning on this tournament. Thanks Thunderboltz

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 3:33 PM

Wait a minute. WTF? For a second, i thought this was our tourney, because i thought ThunderBoltz took out our names, and just put that... I don't know if you know this...but... we are doing this tourney as well...

...thats also the same picture we have for our tourney...

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 3:59 AM

Yea I know I had the picture for our tourney I dont know who this guy is?

RSS