Forums

Help › Forums

Ladder has those, too.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:06 PM (22 replies)
  • Charles43co
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:31 PM

I know what you mean, I have been playing alot this week and I have not finished a group yet as a group.

I have had a few that the system locked or the WGT server went out, but most have been the players are not doing good and did not want too finish...what would like too know is how they got too be master or pro...playing that bad.

I am going too start a list of these players and start posting them here.

Charles

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:48 PM

Post them here and you won't be on here very long! You might want to read the terms of use policy before posting names on the forum!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:06 PM

Charles43co, simply join the Ladders site. Quitters aren't tolerated there; they are in fact penalized (they must post a loss to the players they ditch, voluntarily or not). And, that site's policy is the reversal of this site's policy: if someone quits on you there, you are expected to publish those players' names in the Three Strikes & Down forum.

So, see you & others who can't stand the quitters, over there on the Ladders site!  Dobre!

PS: If you need further recommendation, let me say that some of the top-elite WGT Masters have already joined the Ladders, such as AvatarLee & Thunderbird. Thunderbird, at #14, is currently sporting an astounding 100% record of 14 games won, zero games lost. AvatarLee, who joined the Ladders earlier today, has already managed to rocket from #152 all the way to #57 within a few hours, and is likewise sporting a perfect 100% record with 6 games won, zero games lost.

Tibbets, Nivlac, and others, I hope & trust you will join the Ladders, too; then the Ladders might become a merciless contest as to who's the real no. 1 in this game!  

HBThree is the perfect gentleman & a great player, but I'm not sure how much longer he'll be able to withstand the onslaught of the likes of Thunderbird & AvatarLee in their push towards the Ladder no. 1.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:42 PM

Well, most of what Mr. Faterson says is true.  Most.

The Ladder's "Three Strikes and Down" is solely for those who have not posted a loss, whether it be by forfieture or final score.  There is nothing in that forum that requires you to call out someone who has quit on your game by name, UNLESS THEY DO NOT POST A LOSS.

Being a Moderator over there, one would think that Mr. Faterson was aware of this.

Apparently not.

See you over there.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:52 PM

Once WGT fixes their multiplayer stability so that the game performs at the the same quality in multiplayer as it does in single player then I'd definitely be interested in joining.  One day perhaps.

Ladder sites aren't terribly fun when you can't play your best because of technical issues. =(

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:53 PM

Well, whatever, Snaike! The fact is, the Three Strikes & Down forum has been used to discuss the issues of quitting, too. It's a section of the Ladders site committed to preserving the ethics of this great game of golf. As the forum's description on the Ladder forums homepage says:

Three Strikes & Down forum description:
    This forum is to be used for match disputes, dropped connections etc. Full rules for this can be found inside here in the Announcement.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:59 PM

Nivlac, that's great to hear. I think all of us need to battle those issues even now as it is... I've just lost a Ladder 9 game earlier tonight because of severe meter lags on two holes in the middle of the round, 4 & 5. They were my only double-bogeys during the round, otherwise I had nothing but pars on all holes. Through experimenting during the game (closing down all other running software on the computer), I finally discovered that the lags were caused by the unclosed Chrome window from which I had launched the game Zvolanie As soon as I closed that window, the meter lag disappeared. Could it have been that execrable Porsche ad Hnev again that was causing all this?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:13 PM

Apparently I have riled Mr. Faterson.  That was not my intention.  I only sought to clarify the rules of a third party website with connections to this one... connections that Mr. Faterson made when he said

Faterson:
    And, that site's policy is the reversal of this site's policy: if someone quits on you there, you are expected to publish those players' names in the Three Strikes & Down forum.
      .. ..original emphasis...

I simply pointed out that the rules of that site DO NOT "expect.. (you) to publish those players' names".  The forum, while available for all the issues that Mr. Faterson listed above should you wish to go "Off-Topic", is for making known the names of those who do not post a loss in a timely fashion, and the subsequent issuance of the site's "Yellow Card".   This has nothing to do with someone who QUITS the game, as long as they post their loss.

For your enjoyment,  I have taken the liberty of posting here the "Three Strikes and Down" forum rules.  Please note the very first line in the rules...

Three Strikes and Down Forum... WGTLS:

This rule is regarding non-posting of ladder or tournament matches at WGTLS.

This rule can only apply if all of the following are true ...

a) All players agree that the match is going to be a WGTLS ladder or tournament match.
    b) If 1 hole is completed then that match is deemed to be a WGTLS Match and must adhere to the following rules.

2 Player Match
    If a player gets disconnected after completing 1 or 2 holes then the disconnected player can re-arrange the Match or just post the loss. The onus is on the disconnected player to re-arrange the Match within 24 hours. If a re-arranged match is not setup within that time then the other player can report a No-post in the Three Strikes and Down forum.

If a player gets disconnected after completing 3 holes or more, that disconnected player must post a loss to the other player within 24 hours. If a loss isn't posted within that time then the other player can report a No-post in the Three Strikes and Down forum.

3 or 4 Player Match
    If a player gets disconnected after completing 3 holes or more, that disconnected player must post a loss to all the other players within 24 hours. If a loss isn't posted within that time then one of the other players can report a No-post in the Three Strikes and Down forum for all players waiting on a post.

WGTLS operates a Yellow Card system. A yellow card is given to a player if any of the following are true ...

1. Not posting a loss within 24 hours of the date/time of the forum post.
    2. Disconnections, intentional or otherwise count no matter the standings of the players. These rules do not apply if the WGT Server kicks all players out.

If either of the above are true then a yellow card is issued to the offending player. This yellow card can be removed by posting the loss via the normal posting method but using the Yellow Cards Against You section.

1. Accumulating 3 yellow cards in total in both WGTLS 9 and WGTLS 18 will see that player marked "Unranked" on both ladders.
    2. Accumulating 3 yellow cards in the Guilds 9 ladder will see that player marked "Unranked" on the ladder.

If you are unsure on any aspects of this rule then please let us know via the Three Strikes and Down forum.

Mr. Faterson.. a simple "I was wrong, thank you." would have sufficed.

Have a nice day.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:26 PM

As I said, whatever, Snaike! My days and in fact my life are too short for nit-picking.  Šťastie  It certainly wasn't necessary for you to post 35 paragraphs in reply to someone else's off-the-cuff, imprecise statement.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:36 PM

Faterson:
    My days and in fact my life are too short for nit-picking.
    Coming from you, Mr. Faterson, that comment is absurdly funny.. but that is an argument for another day.

Faterson:
    someone else's off-the-cuff, imprecise statement.
    Point made.

RSS