Forums

Help › Forums

Ladder has those, too.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:06 PM (22 replies)
  • Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:10 PM

So I joined the ladder-went to the invite room and was invited to play a round.  The other participant did the invite.  I don't recall how many holes we played before he or she quit, but they did.  Am I to assume that they had a computer problem?  At the time they were not playing very well.

The outtake from this is no matter where one might find a playing group, there will be a chance that the round will end as a solo.

Finished the round faster solo...didn't affect my score.

BTW- you know who you are...if we cross paths in the chat room, I'll still be willing to try again.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:36 PM

Yes but on the ladder they have to report the loss..regardless of the reason for the disconnect.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:38 PM

The ladder does not prevent quitting... it simply adds a penalty for those who do, therefore giving incentive to playing and finishing.

It only firms up the belief that people are going to quit, even if they are penalized in doing so...

But, on the average, most of the ladder participants are willing to complete their games.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:44 PM

What does reporting a loss entail?   I didn't think this was any kind of competetive round?

Is a pick up game from the chat room the same as a ladder game?  If not, I guess the premature ending of a round may be okay...

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:55 PM

Script.

You are not even signed up for the ladders.   You must go to your 'user control panel' and click the ladder 9 button under the game settings tab.

Please read the ladder rules as well. Starting a ladder match without knowing how to post or even knowing that you have to is rude to your opponents.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 5:23 PM

My sincere apologies...that is why I asked.  Evidently it is more rude to question than to abandon a game...lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:41 PM

This thread is a failure, Script. The huge difference between Ladders and this site is that 99% of Ladder games get completed as launched, whereas 99% of random-drawn multi-players on this site do not get completed as launched. That's the greatest imaginable difference.

Quitting is publicly reported & penalized on the Ladders site, whereas it is dismissed as unimportant, and in fact encouraged and eulogized on this site.  

Zle

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 7:31 PM

I reject your 'opinion' of a post as a failure.  Since when are you the judge of what is appropriate and what isn't?  I use no profanity, name no names, and post when I think I have a valid issue.  So you say the ladder site has a 99% success rate and WGT has a 99% failure rate... I doubt either is true.  Your pomposity is unbelievable.  It is too bad we mere average humans cannot compete with your wisdom and unerring judgement.

MY first experience on the ladder site... through the meet and greet chat room,  resulted in a premature disconnect.  My experience does not jibe with yours.  Give me a break....lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 7:40 PM

Pomposity? I only said I find this thread to be a failure. That is no profanity, either. It's just my opinion. In the course of this thread, you have demonstrated that you played a Ladder game without acquainting yourself with the rules (even without formally joining the Ladders, it seems). Yet you post a thread here whose title suggests as if the quitters situation was similar on that site to what it is here.

I find such a thread to be a failure, that's all. No offence meant.  Chameleón  I do hope your future Ladder games will be a success.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 5:52 AM

I surrender. 

RSS