Forums

Help › Forums

XP history

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:33 AM (20 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 7:26 PM

Up to the individual but to me if you are in L Tier and L90 + those L Tier brackets would look very enticing.

Having said all that, and maybe more a mental thing, ideally WGT would cap L tier equipment at say L96, IMO.................

Individual decisions though and fair enough.

I do think that introducing anything meaningful at too high XP levels CC wise might just be a nail in the coffin of new CCs or ones not interesting in loading up to just chase XPs...Some may just want to concentrate on V GOLF..........

New Ideas seem only tasked with new $s in tomorrow, no measurement of what is going on at the other end.  I can't see how the now extreme situation is healthy, personally.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2017 7:15 AM

alanti:

DonCaron:
    That's because I got the Premier to get to the higher up Clubs. I'm sick of buying clubs to keep up with the Champions,

Don, I think you are kidding yourself there, realistically, by level 90, all the clubs are there to be competitive with any tier.

The R11's (the older Irons at lvl 90) are excellent and IMO, are as good as the upper level 97 irons (just a faster swing and not quite as forgiving).

Driver wise even earlier drivers have sufficient power from legends tees......

Higher level clubs do not equal better scores....that is up to the individual, and normally that is dependant on the short stick.

Thank You Alanti, I have been reading your posts for years and you give solid advice.

At my level I can only gain 2 yards more from Woods, I'm looking at forgiveness, Precision  and Meter speed these days. I'll get the Sabretooth putter in 2 days, then a wait for anything else. I'm only buying the top clubs from now on, the 2018 clubs will be out soon. We will see what they have

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2017 1:46 PM

DonCaron:
    I'm only buying the top clubs from now on,

I understand your POV, and especially on getting a slower meter speed. But also when buying new clubs, try to get as evenly matched meter speed across the range of clubs in your bag.

As I said previously, I have no issue with players buying the Premier Membership as for one, it is good for the game by players spending thus theoretically, WGT should be capable of further development and it is a players prerogative to spend as he/she likes.

My issue with the current XP system and this will put future clubs out of reach for many. Add to that, the ever increasing attributes of clubs......wrong direction IMO.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2017 2:08 PM

alanti:
    The R11's (the older Irons at lvl 90) are excellent and IMO, are as good as the upper level 97 irons (just a faster swing and not quite as forgiving).

I disagree. Those older R11's are good but there's a major difference between them and the 97 irons--the 6-PW. The 3, 4 and 5 irons in both sets perform the same BUT 2 things happened when the 97 irons came out.

First, they modified the 6-PW to act like the high irons-more control in the form of how spin affects them. (The PW is another CG for all intents and purposes.) The difference is visible immediately, as soon as you use them.

Secondly, Forgiveness and Precision were always a trade-off. When one changed, the other changed in the opposite direction. This did not happen when the 97's came out. Both attributes increased and as a result, where you lose distance AND direction on missed hits with the  R11's, you only lose direction with the 97's. The distance stays.

IMO, if you know the R11's, the 97 irons are game changers simply because of the increased performance in the 6-PW.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2017 2:57 PM

alanti:
    My issue with the current XP system and this will put future clubs out of reach for many. Add to that, the ever increasing attributes of clubs......wrong direction IMO.

I certainly don't disagree with the last part of that but I think wgt will keep new clubs in range simply so they can sell them to as many people as possible.

The thing is these are experience points and there is a well worn phrase "you can't buy experience", I suppose that doesn't mean you can't sell it.  

People (that aren't multis) that level up so quickly will do so without gaining as much experience of all the courses in all conditions, these holes that don't quite follow any formula etc etc. Some of them will expect the expensive equipment they've bought, after the expensive process of making it available, to sort the inconsistencies out for them.  They simply wont be as good players as those at the same level that gained their xp with.... experience of the game. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 19 2017 11:42 PM

YankeeJim:
    IMO, if you know the R11's, the 97 irons are game changers simply because of the increased performance in the 6-PW.

Sorry Jim, I disagree, they are certainly not game changers. The level 97's offer slightly better performance 6-PW as they have better spin attributes,

Game changers were say the G20's to the R11's (or better now)......or the G10's over starters.......to be a game changer there needs to be a dramatic performance improvement.

The biggest problem I had with the R11's was one club had real mixed results *Secret golf course.(forgotten....7i maybe).

I do agree with losing distance and direction with a missed ding with the R11's - but not always....and to be honest, that is how it should be.

Also my PW (Level 97) does not have the attributes or reactions to a Cleveland wedge --maybe I need to ding them more often.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:04 AM

R11's were one of the most idiotic, but awesome set in the game. I wish I still had them.

Too bad they played absolutely nothing like they do in real life, they're one of easiest hitting irons TM ever made.

I would love to hear WGT's reasoning behind doing what they did to them, I mean they made the R1 easy to hit, just like IRL, it's almost hard to hit it bad. So why *** the irons up so badly? 

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 5:13 AM

my issue with the XP arose yesterday morning

I played my first game around 5:30AM CST with my purple xp boost and my 150day 3260 bonus and totaled 5219 XP.  Wrote it downand screen shot it.  Went on and played my next game with my purple xp boost, earned a couple of awards during the game, totaled 2704 xp.. wrote it down and screen shot it.  anyone want to add that up?  Bueller, Bueller.. yep  that's 7923 XP.  at least by the calculator I use it is.  So I started this morning at 617243 XP.

Once again.. Bueller.. Bueller.. 617243 + 7923 = 625166

anyone care to take a guess at what WGT's calculation method amounted to? - 620228. 

Yep I got screwed out of over 4943 XP in 1 day and I'm but 1 player here and the response I got from WGT is

"Dear Todd

Thank you for the additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Could you do us a huge favor and take a screenshot of your XP before your first game after reset, and then after it has been completed so that we can review further? There should be no reason that you are not properly receiving the XP you are earning.

T
    hank you,
    WGT Member Services"

How many people on here are being screwed by WGT with this!  I'm throwing away $ on XP boost for NOTHING and I'm PISSED!

Here I am paying good money to help level myself up to spend yet even more money on better equipment and these clowns are screwing us all!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 5:46 AM

alanti:
    Sorry Jim, I disagree, they are certainly not game changers. The level 97's offer slightly better performance 6-PW as they have better spin attributes,

The premise was predicated with the point that IF you knew the R11's they would make a difference. If one has maxed their abilities with the R11's, the 97s will definitely take them to a new level. The performance difference in the 6-PW will do it.

By way of an example, try backing up the PW from the R11 set and then compare what the 97 version does.  :-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:18 AM

TWEDLAKE:

How many people on here are being screwed by WGT with this!  I'm throwing away $ on XP boost for NOTHING and I'm PISSED!

Here I am paying good money to help level myself up to spend yet even more money on better equipment and these clowns are screwing us all!

Surely it's not that bad, just don't buy the boosts then.  These awards you mention earlier in the post any chance you've had the points for them quite a few times now?  Probably best thing is to keep getting all the points you shouldn't be, for free, and stop paying for points you're not getting :-)

RSS