Forums

Help › Forums

Full club set recommendations

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:04 AM (23 replies)
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 11:49 AM

I've posted this on other threads but before you buy yet another putter you just might want to try hitting all your putts within 60 ft with the 60ft scale...even short putts.  That was a revelation for me when I discovered it...like getting a free upgrade.  With my Tour Starter putter (Which is an upgrade) I can make them from almost anywhere, on a flat putting surface, that is when my computer is not acting up .  You'll still need to figure out the break and the elevation changes...darn.

Joey

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:08 AM

That works only for awhile Joey...your room for error when pulling back the club is much larger with the bigger meter where a deviation of 1/8 of an inch can leave you woefully short or long

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 8:02 AM

Thank-you to everyone for your help.

My PayPal came through yesterday and I purchased the Redwood putter, G10 Pro set and some GDI balls.

Turns out the swing meter speed isn't an issue (although I haven't tried them without the GDI ball yet.)

Now, I have to learn that I can out drive the fairways on a lot more holes than you can with the starter set. It's also nice  to see the back of some of the par 4's that I'd never seen before on my second shot.

I scored a -3 yesterday on the Bethpage 9 unlimited which is my best ever, so the clubs and balls, for me, do make a difference.

Tom

• BabyBulldog
    64 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:04 AM

G10's with the redwood putter is an awesome combo!

RSS