Help › Forums

Full club set recommendations

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:04 AM (23 replies)
  • TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 9:46 AM

Hi,

I've been playing for a month or so and I'm at the pro level. I usually shoot around par, plus or minus one or two (usually plus).

I'm dying in anticipation for my paypal credit to show so I can buy new clubs.

My question is what set to buy for my first set and should I get a putter as well?

I know as I get better I can buy individual clubs, however to keep it simple, what set available to pros would you recommend?

Thanks,

Tom

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:04 PM

rapture V2...the set keeps you on a slow swing meter, with the exception of the 2 wedges, which have fast swing meters...its important to note that the 2 wedges have the same speed as the high end drivers, woods and irons....so the rapture's immediately improve your game and give you 2 clubs to see how well you handle the fast meter.

i am using the anser putter and it immediately took 3-4 strokes off my 18 hole score....others will recommend spider and redwood for good reason i'm sure, its just that i've never used them.

gl

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:18 PM

I concour...the Raptures are a fine set for the amature/pro....you will be able to hit with the right wind conditions mind you...some par 5's and always have a change at g.i.r  at page. Especially with the G.I.D. ball set.

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:48 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will get the raptures V2.

I can't wait to try them as it's very frustrating not being able to reach some of the par 4's in two (or at least try :)

Tom

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:41 PM

i have always had the Ping G10's 

i've tried the taylor made tour burners and i had to go back to G10's due to inconsistency

the G10's are the best for precision and even though other club sets have more forgiveness and a slower swing meter, i always prefer precision. my G10's are great!

a pack of GI-D balls will slow the meter down... but its totally up to you. get used to the swing meter being a little faster i say, because if you make master, u'll need the extra yardage, which the rapture clubs dont have

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:45 PM

also i have putted with the starter, the spider and now the redwood.

the redwood is unbelievably so much better than the other two. my game has improved incredibly with that putter. but my all time favourite clubs are my G10 pro wedges.. they have helped so much in my short game. u can land on a 2pence piece from 70 - 90 yrds out in most situations (strong wind speed, rough, sand)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:53 PM

2 pence piece.....hmmm.........with conversion..........People look at me funny when I mark my ball with a hundred dollar Canadian bill.

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 3:59 PM

I was afraid of this....

When I decided to go with the Raptures along comes another opinion.

Thanks eternalspirit for your input.

I've seen several people comment on the Redwood putter.

Decisions, desicions........

Soulcatcher,

Do I detect some sort of British rivalrie?

Thanks

Tom

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 4:08 PM

if you are still on the fence, consider 110 credits for a 54W..just go out to any fairway and start hitting it just to see how well you cope with the meter speed...the D ball that slows the meter is only slightly noticable/helpful...good clubs that you can't ding will only frustrate you.

gl

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 4:09 PM

My full name is Jeremy Brett (sherlock)   how bad could I feel towards the mother country?

I also have a set of rapture irons but I find that the swing meters become too different between clubs with them.

I carry three wedges a three wood and a driver.

You will find though that everybody has there own preference.

Good luck...............and....................God save the Queen

RSS